Friday, January 22, 2010

"Up All Night"

I got a couple of great books for Christmas that I was super excited to read. But let's be frank, I like to watch TV at night after Keelia has gone to be to sort of "wind down." I like to be mindlessly entertained, what can I say? But I started one of the books like three weeks ago while I was at the doctor and I wanted to finish it. I really liked it and wanted to see how it ended. Well I stayed up late last night reading it, and read most of today, because I couldn't put it down. I probably neglected Keelia a little bit, but she was fed and changed and entertained, so not too bad, right? The book was "The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks. First, I LOVE his books. Some have better endings than others, but they are all so great. I love a good, clean, romantic novel. (No, not like ROMANCE novels, like love stories.) But this one, even though it was sad, was SO good. And the ending is happy, which is always a plus. I totally recommend it. And they are releasing the movie here soon, so read it before you go see, because you know you are going to go see it. He wrote other stories like " A Walk To Remember," "Message In A Bottle," "The Guardian."
Next on my list is "Dear John," by Nicholas Sparks. Hopefully it is good, but I hear that it doesn't have a great ending.

6 comments:

Jannie said...

I LOVE this post! I LOVED the book "A Walk to Remember"...one of my favorite books! I've been so nervous to read his other books (like "The Last Song") because I worried that they might not be clean - so I'm happy it's clean and I'm getting it at the library next week (hopefully!) thanks to you!

Jen said...

I better rephrase what I told you. Dear John didn't have a bad ending, it's just not one I wanted. I wanted it to turn out differently but it was still good. I LOVED the book and I can't wait to see the movie. Seriously, the guy they got to play John is so much hotter than what I had pictured in my head, even though I had a real hotty in mind.

Beth said...

I love Nicholas Sparks too. You have to read "The Guardian." It's one of my favorites of his!

Anonymous said...

Dear John was a good book, but the ending is kind of sad....but its good too. does that make sense? lol its a SUPER easy read!

Leslie said...

I am frequently "up all night" reading books! I haven't reading any of Sparks though so I will have to give him a try.

Molly and Jay said...

I love his books too! When you are done you should read his book, "The Wedding." It is my favorite! I'm going to try to pick up one of those at the library.