Thursday, January 7, 2010

"Some Devil"

That is what I thought of my daughter today, even just briefly. She hasn't been sleeping well the last couple of nights because she has been getting up early and not getting her normal naps and stuff, so I knew I was going to pay for it, I just wasn't expecting the price to be so high.
I had an appointment early this morning and she refused to come with me, so I left her with Hunter. Well, I guess after I left, she threw up because she was so upset that she couldn't go with me. Sad, but normalish for her. When I got home, she seemed to be fine. So I went about the rest of our morning. We had to take my dad to the doctor, we did a little shopping while we waited, and then we went to lunch after we picked him up. That is pretty standard procedure for taking my dad to the doctor. She was mostly normal through lunch. I could see her getting tired, but she wasn't freaking out. So we finished lunch and left. When we got to the car, she DID NOT want to be buckled into her seat. She got (almost) instantly hysterical. I tried to laugh it off, hoping it would help her calm down. And usually she does, once we start driving. Well, not the case. The hysterics started around 12:25pm and lasted all the way home, up the stairs into her room, where I had to lock us in her bedroom so she couldn't escape. She was in the midst of anger, tiredness, and hysteria. FINALLY, I got her to calm down and talk to me at about 1:05pm. It took me about ten more minutes to convince her it was okay to lay down on her bed. And within five minutes of that, she finally fell asleep. That hour probably took years off my life.
I was very grateful for nap time today. We both needed it. Let's just hope we don't see that side of our sweet girl any time soon, or ever again.

0 comments: