Friday, January 8, 2010

"I Did It"

Today, Keelia put her pants on all by herself for the first time. She had to have a little help getting them all the way up and straightened out, but she did it! I sat and watched in awe as my little girl just sat in the hallway and put her own pants on. Clearly, she doesn't need me for anything anymore! :) Okay, I am being dramatic. But, I was so proud of her. She is growing up a ton!
We got to go play with Jen and Will today. We always love getting to play with them. We have so much fun. Then I always wonder why we don't do it more often. Thanks again for having us!
Then I went shopping with my mother in law. That was a nice break. We just wandered around the mall, pretty aimlessly, for quite a while. It was nice to get away, but by the end I was exhausted and ready to go home! It has been a long day.
Hunter is seeing "Avatar" with his parents right now, so I am taking my "free time" to get all caught up on my blog, instead of going to bed. I have no desire to see "Avatar," so I was more than happy to have Hunter finally get to see and for me to not have to go. It is a win/win situation.
In other news, Keelia has been having nightmares for about the last month or so. Just yesterday she told me what she was scared of. (A movie we saw, don't worry, it was just a Disney movie. And a book she likes to read about a spooky tree.) So we pulled out the old Dora lamp. I found it at Goodwill one day, like 18 months ago, and we never really used it. But my mom suggested maybe getting it out and telling Keelia it would keep her safe if she woke up in the middle of the night or whatever. Well, last night was the first night and she didn't wake up once! THANK YOU, DORA LAMP!!! It took her a little while longer to fall asleep than usual, because the lamp is pretty bright, but she eventually fell asleep and slept really well. And tonight, she fell asleep much quicker than last night. And tonight, she didn't even have to talk to the lamp before she fell asleep! We are making serious progress, people!! Here is a picture of the magic lamp. It is one I found on Google, but it will have to do. Maybe if you get lucky, you can see it lit up some day. But just use your imaginations until then. :)


We have a fun day planned for tomorrow. Hopefully I can be good and remember to take pictures, so I have something to post other than my ramblings. Such is the case tonight.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Yeah for updating your blog! Loved all of the posts!
It sounds like Keelia and Emer have alot in common when it comes to not wanting to rest.. Emer is 7 and the demons still come out with her.. Yikes!

Jannie said...

Great job, Keelia! That's so awesome she can put her own pants on! And that's a great idea about putting a lamp in her room!

Sister Ward said...

Dora creeps me out but I'm glad she's at least helpful!