Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"In Between Days"

Monday, we had a long day of trying to get the washer fixed. Combined efforts of some of the handy men in our family and the project was successful! And I think they had a pretty good time figuring it out, despite what they might say.
Monday evening, I also discovered that I am not allergic to artificial cinnamon anymore! YAY! I was feeling adventurous and a little bored, so I popped a piece of cinnamon flavored candy in my mouth, just to see. Prior, I asked my mom, who was sitting right there, if she would take me to the doctor if anything went bad. :) But, besides the normal (or so I am told "normal") tingling of my tongue because of the hotness of cinnamon, it didn't bother me at all. Needless to say, I am enjoying my new found freedom and eating all the cinnamon flavored things I can get my hands on. And don't ask me how these things can just flee, but apparently this one has. And I am happy to see it go!
Last night, after the washer was fixed, I stayed up entirely too late trying to get some laundry done. Monday is my laundry day. And because of that, we were all out of some of the essentials. So I didn't really have a choice. But I got it done and didn't feel too dead when I went to bed early this morning.
Today we took my dad to the doctor, enjoyed our normal walk around Super Target, and had a nice lunch. Tommy and Zack came over for a while after lunch because Leslie had a doctor's appointment. Keelia sure loves getting to see her cousins. Then after another battle with the (becoming) normal hysterics, Keelia took a much needed nap. Her nap was long, for her, but not long enough. Some how she still woke up whiny and blah. Luckily my mom came home and cured that for us!
And to cap off our night, I went and got my hair cut. I LOVE it! It is the exact cut and style I was going for last time I got my hair cut in September, but it was done right and well! If anyone in the area needs a great hair stylist, I know a fantastic one! I would take a picture, but while putting Keelia to bed, I laid on it kinda funny and it needs some touching up. But it looks just like the hair cut I had six months ago, only better!
Okay, back to the hysterics...It is becoming an every day thing. If we pass our window of opportunity to put Keelia down and enter the "overtired realm," we are in for big trouble. It NEVER used to be this way. I mean, sure, if she got overtired, she slept a little longer or fought a little harder to fall asleep, but she has NEVER screamed like this before. Nights seem to be getting a little better, but naps are killing us both. If she didn't need a nap so dang bad (or is that I need to her to take a nap so dang bad?), I would just forget it and let her stay up, rather than fight the fight. My mom says it is the terrible two's, but I have never heard of hysterics before bed being associated with the terrible two's before. Any help?

3 comments:

Jen said...

I was going to tell you that when Kayla started that she also started having night tremmors (sound familiar?). My sister's pediatrician started having her go to bed earlier and after a few days all the nap and night battles stopped and the nightmares went away. It's only a thought but it worked for them so maybe you could give it a try.

Jenny said...

I suggest staying away from Kiwi still. The last time kind of freaked me out...especially because it was partially my fault.

Sly Family said...

Drug her with tylenol ;)