That is about how fast I move on the elliptical, but the important thing is that I am doing it! I actually started working out this week and I love it. I have totally missed it and it makes me feel so much better when I do it. I just hope I can keep it up. I want to lose A LOT of weight. I lost almost 25 pounds last year and have kept it off, and I want to lose more than that this year. But you have to start somewhere right? So I am starting at snails. :)
My family is doing a biggest loser competition. Not everyone, but those who wanted to. I didn't start because I was hoping I was pregnant. Since I am not, I am kinda doing my own thing, but still trying to lose big! I will post my progress, if there is any, as it comes! It is hard though, because Hunter is doing the biggest loser and in his first week, he lost 11 pounds! Which is awesome for him, but he is shedding weight so fast. And men just lose differently than woman. So it is hard not to compare myself to how fast he is losing. I really have to try and not beat myself up about it. I am doing what I can and it will pay off, even if it takes a whole year to lose another 25 pounds! :)
Keelia has started to FINALLY repeat words when we pray. She is just so stubborn, that she would never do it before. But just in the last week, she has started. It is so tender and sweet to hear your child pray. I love it. Being a mom is the best! I am so grateful for this opportunity, to watch and help her grow. It kinda makes all the prayers we have said, more worth it, because it is finally starting to stick. And as a parent, that is the best feeling.
So, today I watched "500 Days of Summer." It was...interesting. I liked it okay, but they are right, it is not a love story. And I like a good chick flick, that is almost too predictable, that ends with the two main characters 'happy ever after.' So it was an interesting watch, but not one I will pop in just to watch again. And a few days ago, I saw "Post Grad," which was totally a chick flick. I thought it was super cute. One I will definitely watch again.
With this new exercising habit, the need to "get ready" has diminished. I am lucky to get a shower. But we don't really have anywhere to go, so that is okay, right? The real trick will be exercising and getting ready to go somewhere. Hopefully I can master both. It will require me getting up early enough to exercise before Keelia gets up so I can get a shower early enough that we can still do something before lunch and nap. Which will require me going to bed earlier. But that is okay. We stay up way too late anyways, so now I will have a valid excuse for passing out at 10pm.
I can't believe how fast January is going. I swear we were just ringing in the new year and already, almost 1/12 of it is over. It is sure crazy how fast time is going. Makes me want to have the days last just a little bit longer.
8 years ago



2 comments:
So I totally agree with you about 500 days of summer. I liked it most of the way through the movie but after I finished it, the ending tortured me for like a week after I watched it. I couldn't decide if I like or hated the movie. I did go buy the soundtrack from it though, its great. I will have to rent "Post Grad" I forgot all about that movie.
Keep it up! It is so easy to get frustrated when comparing yourself to a guy. All Matt is doing to lose weight is cutting back 2nd helpings at dinner and he has lost 7lbs. But he is still eating a big lunch and big dinner everyday. I am eating tons of rabbit food and I am losing at a snails pace!
Post a Comment