Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weeks Are Flying By!

I can't believe it is already Sunday night again!?! Where does the time go? I know I ask that a lot, but it seems every week just goes by more and more quickly! I really have nothing to say. I had kind of an emotional day. It was Ward Conference and the spirit was just so strong. My eyes watered for most of the morning and into my afternoon meetings. And truth be told, we are moving back in with my parents this week. So this was our last Sunday in our ward here. There are a lot of reasons behind our move, but mostly because we need to. We are excited about going back to a ward we love so much and are excited to be close to our families again. But it was hard to say goodbye to the young women today and some of the leaders. I truly love the women I work with in Young Women, and it is a hard thing. Change is never easy, but I am by far the worst at change. It is bittersweet. Such is life, right?
Keelia did something new today and it took us a couple of hours to figure it out, but we finally did. When I really want her attention, I call her "Keelia Kim." I also make up songs where the lyrics usually are "Keelia Kim Jackson." I know, real creative, right? Well, today on the way home from church she kept saying "Keelia Mmm." And I thought she was just saying "Keelia Mom." Well, after her nap, when we were able to listen a little more closely, we realized she was saying, "Keelia Kim." It is pretty funny. I had no idea she would pick that up. She is really so smart! :) Or at least we think so.
So my blogging will be sparse this week as I pack and move things over little by little. It will be a process for us, but we have a little time. So hopefully it won't be as stressful or hard as some moves. I just hope Keelia can adjust to another new situation. I am sure she will be fine, but she takes after her mother quite a bit, and unfortunately inherited my dislike of change.

9 comments:

janine said...

i definately know how hard it can be to move in with parents but i definately know the good of it too. we are so blessed to have parents who are able to welcome us and all our tagalongs back into their home. we have been really blessed. good luck with your week and your move!d

janine said...

i'll tell ya, my number one cream is by gentle naturals baby eczema cream. it was winnie the pooh on it and you can just get it at walmart. it's a MIRACLE cream if you ask me. i use it one EVERYTHING! as a lotion, for eczema patches and especially for diaper rash!!! i know it sounds weird but it really has worked for us and is worth every penny!!! i hope it will work for you.

Leslie said...

Have fun packing? I know the moving process stinks, hang in there. Are you moving back into the same bedrooms as before?

Kariann said...

I totally feel your pain!! The time flying by issue, the leaving the ward issue, and the packing issue!! It really stinks!! That's really cute she was saying that. Is Kim her middle name??

Amy said...

Oh Katie, I am sorry that you had such an emotional day. Kind of fun that you will be moving back, is everything alright?? Let me know if there is anything that I can do??? Cute about Keelia.

Beth said...

Let me know if you need any help this week with packing or anything.

Alicia said...

We'll be happy to have you back in our ward! Best wishes with the packing and all. See you soon!

Jannie said...

Oh man, good luck with the packing! Not one of my favorite things to do :) I always feels lucky that I have parents that I could rely on...we are both blessed. You asked about where I learn about free stuff in Denver. I usually find out from websites - the Denver Museum of Sciene and the zoo have a calender on their websites with free days (usually once a month)..and the Denver Children's Museum is free every first Tuesday from like 4 - 6 PM (but don't take my word on that one - check the website first because I might be wrong!) Anyways, let me know if you ever are looking for someone to tag along with you!

Angie said...

I hope things are going good for you! your in my thoughts!
good luck with packing..