Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Discouraged

Well, I am probably making too big a deal out of this, but I am getting awfully discouraged with this whole "Clomid fertility thing." According to the ovulation tests I have been taking for the last week, I haven't ovulated yet. According to my doctor, if I am going to ovulate it will be before Friday. That doesn't leave me much time or give me much hope. We are doing every thing we can, but it just doesn't seem to be working out. And I am sure it will happen eventually, it is just so hard. I guess I am just nervous about what happens if Clomid doesn't work for me? And I know, it is only my first month on it, but I was hoping I would be one of the lucky ones that would get pregnant on my first try. We are obviously supposed to be learning something from this, but just about the only thing I am learning is how to distract myself from anger and frustration.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I wish I had some wise words for you, but I don't. I have, however, been through times in my life where I wondered what on earth Heavenly Father was trying to teach me. They were hard times that tested me in many ways. (I am sure you know what I am referring to!) But, years later, I can look back and know that I did learn a lot and I can be, almost, grateful for the experience. You'll get through this and you'll be a stronger person for it. Love ya!!

Amy said...

Honestly Katie, I think you are learning patience! I know that is what I am learning from all of ours too, but you have to give it more time. They say at LEAST 3 months on clomed, and your first month isn't even done yet. And hey, you might only ovulate every other month, the Dr. thinks that is what I do, so maybe it will take one more month. I promise, it will happen. I am so so sorry that you are going through this, I really can relate, it's so hard. Hang in there okay!

Cassie said...

I am sorry babe I wish I could do something for you. I can't imagine what your going through but you are strong and awesome so I am sure it will all work out good

Kariann said...

Nothing I can say will make you feel better...but we love you and you are in our prayers!! :)