Thursday, March 12, 2009

This One's For Jen

1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put the movie. (Or in my case, the ones that have been guessed will be a different color.)
5. Guessers - NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search or other search functions!

1. "I found my destiny, not in far off places but within myself."
2. "He's a boy and he's alive, what's there to hate?" -Girls Just Want To Have Fun
3. "It's better than a kick in the face with a golf shoe." -Son In Law
4. "Some people just aren't cut out for life on the road." -Dumb and Dumber
5. "I'd rather fight with you than make love with anyone else." -The Wedding Date
6. "Do I still have to sleep in the cupboard?" -Beauty and the Beast
7. "Iris? Oh yeah, she's a big conquest. She's given more rides than Greyhound!"
8. "You break his heart, I break your face." -Some Kind of Wonderful
9. "I am looking for a dare to be great situation" -Say Anything
10. "People are starting to do other stuff. Okay, stuff that's not their stuff." -High School Musical
11. "Come, let us dance like children of the night!" -So I Married An Axe Murderer
12. "Look at you, you have a baby... In a bar." -Sweet Home Alabama
13. "Do I look like I own tights?" -Step Up
14. "Rule No.5: 'You're an idiot.'" -Wedding Crashers
15. "Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket." -The Goonies

I had SO much fun doing this. I bet no one gets most of these movies. Maybe my brothers. We will see! I tag Tory, Amy, Korine, Kariann, Beth, and Angie.

15 comments:

Misty said...

#5 - The wedding date

Misty said...

#12 - Sweet Home Alabama
#15 - Goonies

Beth said...

#6 Beauty and the Beast?

Veena said...

8. Some kind of wonderful!!!!!

k.young said...

Veena, I LOVE that you knew that one! :)

DeeDee and Jason Paul said...

#3 is son in law. no one like loved me like her ever.

and #4 is dumb and dumber.

Jen said...

3. Son In Law (Jeff)
4. Dumb and Dumber (Jeff)
9. Say Anything
11. So I Married an Ax Murderer (Jeff)
14. Wedding Crashers

Jannie said...

Sadly, the only one I could guess would be #6...I guess it shows what I've been watching lately. But, this is a fun game! Hope you are doing well! I read your previous post..you'll be in my prayers...and I totally relate with you with the teaching. I taught 14 & 15 year olds Sunday School and I would just freak out about that every week..and that seems a lot easier than YW! But, I am sure you do a great job...you're always talking about your calling on here so I know you are putting your heart into it and I am sure the lessons are great :) Thanks for your example.

Amy said...

Whoa, this is way cool! Okay, so I'm totally on this and it's funny because they are ringing bells, but I can't remember them. Give me a few hours and maybe it will come to me, especially number 7, sheesh it's driving me crazy. Way fun. How have you been anyway?

Derek and Jen said...

#13 - Step Up
Am I right? Maybe?

Beth said...

Can I guess again? After reading them over again I think #10 is from High School Musical. Is that right? Before they sing that Status Quo song....
Is it sad that I know all of that?!

k.young said...

Good guessing everyone!
No, Beth, I LOVE that you knew that whole part and that you guessed it right!
Jen B.- I love that you knew Step Up! I thought no one would know that one ever!
Amy, you better get back to me on #7. It is an "oldie," but goodie!

Tory said...

#2. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Traci said...

Love this! Everyone already guessed the ones I knew!

k.young said...

#1 is "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken"
#7 is "Can't Buy Me Love"