Friday, March 13, 2009

More Eczema

So I had to take Keelia into the doctor, again, today because of her Eczema. The steroid they put her on two weeks ago wasn't helping AT ALL and her Eczema was spreading like wild fire. And wouldn't you know? All the dermatologists in the area are booked out at least 4-6 weeks! So I took her to our trusty pediatrician, and they wrote out a different steroid prescription. I just hope that it gets better soon. There is nothing worse than having to watch your baby scratch in their sleep or cry because they want to scratch an itch, but can't. I just hate that she is having to deal with this when she is so young. 

But from the doctor today, we learned she is growing so well! She weighed in at 25 pounds, 14 ounces! She is getting really tall. Her pants are all getting too short, so it looks like she is in straight 24 month clothes from now on! I can't believe how big my baby is getting!
Tomorrow my mom and I (and maybe my mother in law, for her first time) are going to a used kid's stuff sale held by different groups here in Colorado. We go to them twice a year, when they are held, and we always come away with GREAT deals. This is a new one that we haven't been to before, so we are excited to check it out!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm sorry about the eczema. Thats a bummer. Have fun tomorrow at the sale. I hope you find a ton of good deals!

Amy said...

Both my Taylor and Mya have it bad, poor things got it from me!! I haven't ever tried anything, we just lotion them up! I hope this helps her!!

Anna said...

I came across your blog on my sisters page when I saw the post about eczema, and i thought i would write some hopefully helpful information. I have struggled with eczema all my life and i dont think anyone understand just how miserable it is.
Ask your doctor for a perscription of Elocon Ointment...if he will only give you cream, settle for that, but the ointment is more expensive. Also, it will be more expensive but you want the actual ELOCON no generic for this product even comes close. Try it out and see if it works for your little one. It sure made a difference in my life.
Also, I know she is too young to get cortizone shots, but find out how old she needs to be before she can get them. They are a miracle.
I had eczema really bad as a little girl, I grew out of it completely with a few rare breakouts. Then about 2 years ago I started getting it pretty bad again. I was finally offered a cortizone shot which i now get every three months. The shot is miraculous and clears my skin up completely!
One other bit of advice. Never bathe her in too warm of water. Nothing irritates it more that too warm-hot water. I would do luke warm to cool baths when she is broken out. I hope this helps. Hopefully when the sun comes up that will help clear her up too.

Nate and Kelly said...

sorry to hear about that, Katie. Hope she does better with the new prescription. And you have to call me again-- I lost your number and have been sad I can't return your call. We have a meeting tonight, but call me tomorrow if you can!!

sams online marketing said...

I feel your pain.My little girl had eczema after we adopted her from China for about 6 months. She was covered with eczema from head to toe it was horrible.We also tryed all the creams and magic lotions then we decided to with natural threapies and we seen our Naturapath/Homepath and they treated her from inside outby getting her stress levels down,getting her digesting right,immune system strong.
We did this by given her Magnesium,zinc,herbal liquid,magnesium baths and ofcourse creams to rebuilt her skin and guess what Bingo it worked.
Good luck

Sarah and Troy said...

Chase has it on his cheeks and we slather him with Aquafor. It's really helped us and when we forget to do it before we go out he's a wreck. He's always oily looking but I can deal with that.