So the doctor told us that thickening Keelia's diet might help with her reflux, so last night we attempted rice cereal. She LOVED it, at least from what I could tell. We first added just water, but she loves pear juice, so I added a little of that for some flavor and she did very well for her first time. I kept asking Hunter if he thought she liked it and his response was, "Well, she's not crying." But I think she really actually liked it. We took some video of her eating, but I can't get it to upload, so I guess the pictures will have to do for now.
Here is her first taste.
She kept sticking her tongue out with the cereal on it while trying to eat it. I am sure she had to be confused about the whole process.
She liked it so much, she kept trying to make sure I didn't move the spoon before she was done sucking/licking it.
Also, she has been too big for her baby bathtub for a few weeks now, and by that I mean I was tired of her being able to splash half of her bath water on me. But I couldn't find a bath seat for the tub, until last night. So here are some pictures from her first big girl bath.
She looks a little scared in this picture. But she did pretty well considering she was so tired and it was time for bed. This face says, "Mom, what is going on here?"
But you can see she warmed up to her new bath, even though I dumped water over her head.
9 years ago



6 comments:
Wow!I can't believe how big she's getting! Rice cereal already?! I love the picture where she's trying to grab the spoon!
What a chub!! i love it i just want to squeeze it. That's exciting to start the foods. Hopefully it will help her, it helped sam. Is she doing better?
I am loving that I can see her rolls in the bath tub pictures!! Do you think it is hard to get her out of the seat? I was reading the other reviews and a few people said it was. So I was wondering what your opinion was. Thanks for the link!
Traci-We have only used it once, but I didn't think it was hard at all to get her out. I like it because it swivels and there is an elbow pad for me so I can lean in the bathtub with her.
Cass-She is such a chub! I just love her! She is doing a littl better. The medicine seems to be helping, but she still wakes up sometimes just screaming in pain. Tonight will be dose 14 and they said we should start to see results by now. And we have seen a little, but not enough. And she is still getting used to the foods, so who knows if those are helping!!
Jen-I know. It is hard to believe that our little baby is eating food. And by eating, I mean gumming.
Keelia is already eating something beside breast milk? Wow...that will be fun when Angela gets to try something new. I am still trying to figure out the whole breast feeding thing. Anyhoo...cute look alike meter...I hope you don't mind I copied you. Hehe
Yay for Keelia! I am glad she is loving the rice cereal! That bath seat is awesome! You are such a good mom, Katie!
Post a Comment