Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Results...For Now

So they took more blood and did another urine test on Keeli today. They thought maybe she had something wrong with her kidneys because of results from other blood tests, but today's results came back fine. I was hoping it was her kidneys, I know that sounds bad, but the doctor said the condition with her kidneys, RTA, was really easy to fix with antibiotics and we would notice a difference in a week. But apparently she really does have reflux. And because nothing is helping her, they are going to do an upper endoscopy to look at her esophagus and examine the extent of her acid reflux. The doctors told me to stop giving her the Zantac because sometimes it can make the condition worse. Go figure?! But we are still giving her the Prilosec, in hopes that it will help at least some. And they told us to add cereal to her bottles, when we give her bottles, in hopes that her stomach will be able to hold the heavier substance down. So there you have it. How stinky, huh? Poor little girl. I feel bad for her. I wish that something would make her feel better. I just hate that she is in pain. And crying all the time has got to be awful for her as well. I can't even imagine. One thing is for certain, we have a VERY strong little baby. And I am so thankful that we got her. She is so wonderful.

6 comments:

anorthowife said...

The fact that you care so much is what shows how good of a mom you are to her. Keelia is so lucky to have her mom there with her all the time (as hard as that can be for both of you, i'm sure) it makes a big difference. you and hunter are such patient parents and she wins trooper of the year. im think (and praying for) all of you guys!

The Watson Family said...

Poor little Keelia! That is so miserable. You are such a good mom...I'm glad she has you and Hunter even though she is feeling so aweful. We'll keep you all in our prayers!

Jen said...

I had an upper endoscopy once. It sounds scary (and is a little bit) but it will help the doctors a lot with being able to determine what is best for Keelia. I'm just happy that they are able to look into things like this at such a young age these days and that they can try to get some answers before she's in elementary school. What a blessing technology is!

The Carlson Crew said...

Yuck! Wow, you guys are troopers. We are in Colorado, too! We're up by the airport. We should get together! I want to see your cute baby!

Traci said...

Kate, I am so sorry that the medicine isn't working. It is sad for her and you. You are a good mommy and it gets frustrating, but hang in there. Something will work out and one day this will all be in the past.

Misty said...

I have been a terrible blog reader...so I'm finally catching up. I'm sorry to hear Keelia is having such a hard time. Ty has reflux too, but it hasn't bothered him (we have other things to worry about) but as far as thickening - I've heard that helps. My sister used to do rice cereal in a bottle (extra water) and we use something called SimplyTHick in his formula/milk that thickens it up. For him it's so he doesn't inhale it, but it also helps with the reflux. I'm sorry to hear she's having such a hard time. I understand that it is SOOOO hard to see your baby go through so much. Just hang in there. Be persistent with the doctors...hopefully you have some good ones (it sounds like it). Trust your instincts and keep being the wonderful mom that you are!

To answer your question - we may go private because we got a comment from some random person. Not inappropriate - we just don't know who the heck it is.