Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Nothing in Particular...

I really have nothing to say, but I do have a free moment, which for me are few and far between. We are on day 5 of our Prilosec treatment for Keeli and we haven't noticed anything yet. In fact, she seems to be screaming more now. And we can't get her to take the medicine unless she is screaming, which can't feel good on an already burning esophagus. Anyway, today was probably one of the worst days of screaming in a while. It seemed to never quit.
But most of you probably don't want to hear about the screaming...Let's talk about something more pleasant.
Keelia has started to talk. Now obviously, she is only 4 months old, so it is not actually "talking," but she has started to make noises. She found her voice a week or so ago and doesn't really stop talking (when she is feeling well). It is fun to see her react when we imitate her noises. She really is such a sweet baby and I feel so bad for her that she feels so awful. I can't imagine going through what she is going through and not being able to talk or do something about it. I mean she has to depend on her sleep deprived parents to be able to figure out what it is she wants. And we all know functioning without sleep doesn't always equal sharp responses. So we just keep hoping and praying that this medicine will work and she will not be in pain anymore. Poor little girl.
Also, she has decided she doesn't want breastmilk much anymore. Whether the formula feels better on her tummy or what, she is kind of wheening herself. Which has been hard for me, (because I was planning on trying to nurse her for at least a year), but at this point, I just want her to be happy and healthy. And the bottom line is, I can't force feed her or starve her, so I really have no choice. So I had just gotten mentally prepared to strictly bottle feed her, when today, she won't take a bottle at all. She just wants to nurse. I think my wonderful Aunt Erin put it best when she said, "It is clear she is very head strong." She runs the show, that is for sure. But I guess life wouldn't be fun if it weren't a challenge, right?? (Or is that wrong??...I can think of plenty of non-challenging ways to spend my time, well if I had time...)
Anyone have any big Valentine's Day plans? If so, what are they?? STEP UP 2, anyone?? We are having a "red" themed dinner with my sister and her family and my parents, but nothing over the top. Having a screaming baby kind of kills the "romance" of the holiday. But we will see how it all plays out. Anyway, let me know if you have anything fun planned for the holiday.

3 comments:

Traci said...

Cousin, I hear you are coming to play this weekend!? Yeah! I can't wait to see you and your sweet baby. Oh and Hunter too! I hope the medicine starts to work soon. It breaks your heart when they hurt and you can't fix it. And ps the poll is reopened on my blog. I am just challenged at those things!

Jen said...

I hope she starts feeling better too. As for the bottle to nursing...can't a girl change her mind every once in a while?

As for Valentine's Day, you know how we feel about it...what's the Valentine's version of Bah Humbug?!

Cassie said...

Hey the medicine never worked for sam as sad as it was nothing did, however my sister in law watches kids and with one of her kids that had reflux they would use mylanta just a little bit and it would help you could try that if the medicine doesnt work. i hope she starts feeling better.