Well, we had somewhat of an uneventful weekend. But it was still fun. On Friday we went to Sam's Club with my dad and had lunch. Then we went to dinner at Chili's, just Hunter, Keeli, and I.
Saturday we went to Max's soccer game and then had the kids over to our house to go swimming. They found a salamander in our pool. They caught it and took it home to be their new pet. I think they named it "Coolio." Kids are funny. After the Guellers left, we went to Super Target and got the rest of my birthday present, a glider rocker for Keelia's room. I love it. I have been wanting one for about a year and I am so excited to finally have one. Not that I don't love our old rocking chair, but it rocks left, so it is always hitting the wall. And when you are trying to get a baby to sleep in a small room and you rock into the wall, it doesn't help the whole sleeping thing.
It is in the living room right now because the wood was treated with something and it has a bad odor, so we didn't want to leave it in the baby's room. So it is airing out for now.
On Sunday, we both got to start our new callings and I just LOVED being in Young Women's. It was so fun. And I think Hunter will like his calling. It takes a special guy to love teaching a bunch of ten year old boys. :) We had dinner at Hunter's parent's house. Everyone was there, except our brother in law, Sean. He was sick. But Jack and Gran even came, and it has been a long time since we saw them last. It was good to get to see everyone. Nana and Papa (Hunter's parents) bought Keelia a toy to play with at their house when she comes over. Here she is walking behind it and having a ton of fun. She really loves to walk. Someday she will do it without a toy in front of her. :)



I don't know if I wrote this already or not in a previous post, but Keelia started to say her name about two weeks ago or so. It is so cute. She says it all the time. She is often found talking to "Keeeeya!" Which is how it sounds when she says her name. Sometimes you can hear all the syllables, but it is a work in progress. She is so smart! She is surprising me everyday with what she already knows. And she learns so quickly, it is really a joy to be around her and to be her mom. I just think she is great.
8 years ago



4 comments:
how fun! we never ended up getting a rocker. we have my parent's old one as well but once we moved him to his own room we didn't have to get up much with him, so that was nice.
Gotta love the glider with an ottoman. Also, I love that Keelia has the binky in her mouth again. Seriously, I laugh out loud everytime I see her with it!
How precious is that that Keelia says her own name, ok you've got to video that for sure. Love the new rocker, woo hoo for still getting presents.
She's looking more balanced now than when you posted the videos. I'm sure it won't be much longer and she won't use anything to hold on to.
Post a Comment