Saturday, September 27, 2008

Much Needed Update

Well, it is probably only "much needed" to me, but nonetheless...here it is. First off, I don't want to steal her thunder, but my sister-in-law Jen is in labor, so we are expecting "baby boy" Young anytime now. Good luck, Jen. We love you! And we can't wait to hear of his arrival.
And to celebrate the newest Young edition, Keelia had her first Oreo on Friday. A little background, Jeff and Jen LOVE Oreos with Dr. Pepper. It is probably their favorite treat. So Keelia had half of the snack! :) The pictures really explain it all, but it was fantastic. She only wanted one, but man, did she enjoy it!




On Thursday, my sister and I got together to do some crafts. We are making a special one for Jeff and Jen's baby, so I can't say too much about it, but it is gonna be cute! Then Keelia and I went to a pack meeting where Mason and Maxwell both advanced ranks in boy scouts. It was fun to get to be there and to see how great those boys are. After pack meeting, I had the four Gueller kids over to my house to sleep over. It was a lot of fun. We played Disney Scene It and hung out. And then we watched "Tortoise vs. Hare" the movie and had popcorn. Then we also watched "Cheaper By The Dozen 2" until we were all asleep. When we woke up, we had breakfast, played Disney Pixar Monopoly, Sleeping Queens, and played outside. They are such fun kids and I love being their aunt. I really am super lucky.
On Friday evening, we had Hunter's family over for dinner and games. It was a lot of fun. Sean and Lindsey and the boys came over, and Tammy and Errol. We had soup and played a fun, new game called "Last Word." We really enjoy getting to see them and getting to spend time with them. I really need to be better about taking pictures when we are with them, but I am just always chasing the Keelia. Oh well. I will get better. Hopefully next time there will be pictures attached.
Today, I got to spend sometime with my Mom, one on one. I am one lucky girl. I have the best Mom. We went to a kid's sale really early this morning. It was a lot of fun and we found a lot of bargains. Later, we went to Mallory's soccer game. Here are a few shots of that. Her team won, and she played very well. We are so proud of her and her cute team.




We also got to watch Max play. His team played so well and played a very difficult team. They didn't win, but that is okay. They did so great, and he played very well. We love to get to watch him play. Here are a few pictures of his game.




Mason didn't have a game today. He plays next Wednesday. I won't get to go because of Young Women's, but next time I get to watch his game, I will get a few pictures up of him playing.
After soccer, my Mom and I watched the Relief Society broadcast at her house. It was nice to have someone to watch it with. It was very good to hear from the General Presidency. It got me all geared up for General Conference next weekend. I am super excited for it. I just love it! After the broadcast, we played a card game with my parents until Keelia had had enough of being patient. She was super tired and just wanted to be held. So our game didn't last long, but we always enjoy getting to hang out with my parents and play games.
Keelia has been sleeping through the night still, well, until she started teething again. I am counting my blessings though. And every full night's sleep is HUGE! She says "uh-oh" and "yup" all the time. They are her favorite words. She is just so fun. She is getting more and more personality everyday. I just love getting to hang out with her all the time. Also, Keelia is finally getting her last incisor tooth. Unfortunately, at the same time, she is getting her molars on the same side. Which explains why we are not sleeping. Three teeth on one side of such a little mouth?!?! It seems like some kind of torture. It is not fair. And it goes without saying, but nights have been longer than long, and days are just about as long as the nights. She wakes up just crying and only wants me to hold her. And I love that she wants her mama, but it doesn't get me a lot of sleep. But this too shall pass, right?
I think that is about it as far as news goes. I am sure I will have more tomorrow, because I am banking on my newest nephew arriving sometime in the next day. :)

2 comments:

Shayle said...

I've never had Dr. Pepper with Oreos I'll have to try it. Keelia is so fun, I love her looking all messy and satisfied. She grin is priceless!

Leslie said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun. Can't wait to see everyone in a couple weeks!