Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And I Thought My Day Was Over...

Well, here is it 11:00pm, and I finished the pumpkin thing, finally. And I finished the laundry, got it folded with Hunter's help, got the dishwasher started, just thinking it was time to relax. And then I remember that I have to make a batch of rice crispy treats for tomorrow's activity. That may sound like an easy task for some of you, but I have never made them and don't have the slightest idea how. My sweet husband was going to help me (is there something backwards about that sentence?), but he is sick and so I sent him to bed to rest. He has to start his own work load tomorrow and doesn't need to be getting sick while trying to get this new job underway.
Man, I wish I lived closer to someone, anyone who would help me make these treats. Such is life. I hope they turn out. Here's to trying! And here is my pumpkin creation.



PS-Keelia's last incisor came in tonight. Bring on the other set of molars!

7 comments:

Misty said...

you are one talented chica!

Sadly - I've never made the traditional rice krispie treats either. I have made a peanut butter version though that is very tasty!

Amy said...

Are you kidding me Katie, okay here it is. Rice Krispies, Marshmellows, butter, and a little vanilla. Melt the butter and vanilla, add the marshmellows, stirring pretty much constantly, then pour rice krispies in, and don't measure just add to where there gooey and yummy. Let me know how they turn out.

And wow little miss crafty, so fun, love the pumpkin.

Beth said...

Your pumpkin turned out great! If I were closer I would have come and helped you make Rice Krispie Treats. Whenever Austin is in charge of the FHE treat, that is what he wants!

Angie said...

can you make me a pumpkin bean bag toss?? that is a cute idea, and my kids would love it. maybe I just need to become crafty like you! Kudos.. it looks great.
i am with you on the rice krispies. i have never made them. probably because i am not a fan of them.. who knows!
get some sleep girl!!

Kariann said...

haha Your so funny! Cute pumpkin idea! It turned out awesome! I'm with Amy...it's a very easy recipe and I never measure either! The bad thing is I always almost eat the whole pan!! :)

Leslie said...

I love the pumpkin. As far as rice krispy treats, the recipe is on the cereal box. Very easy.

Tory said...

I love rice krispies! How did yours turn out?