Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Walking...

You can probably guess by the title...but Keelia did it. Today, she started walking. It wasn't after anything particular. One minute she was crawling and then walking along the furniture, and the next thing we know, she let go and took steps. And of course, she fell a lot, and resorted to crawling quite a bit at first still. But when I got home tonight from YW's, she was a pro at walking.
I won't lie, as I watched her take her first steps, my heart melted, and I cried. Maybe that makes me a weirdo, but I couldn't believe my baby was walking. It was such a mixture of happy and sad tears and emotions. I am so excited that she is walking. It is such a milestone. But at the same time, with her walking around, she will be more like a little person and less like a baby. I just love her so much and I am so happy that I am her mom. I am forever grateful that Heavenly Father trusted me with her and that I get to be a part of the joy that she is.
Hopefully soon I will be able to catch it on video. I tried today, but she would get so excited and either fall, or just stop trying to walk and crawl to me because she wanted the camera so bad. So be looking for a video soon. :)

4 comments:

Traci said...

You crafty lady you!!! I need some crafting in my life right now too!

I am so excited that Keeli is walking. Watch out, your life is about to change again!!!

Adam & Rachel said...

yeah...go keeli! She is all grown up! So exciting!

Veena said...

That's so exciting that Keelia starting walking and then was a pro all in the same day!!

And your crafts are super cute!

Jennie said...

Oh how exciting! Be prepared for your house to be officially trashed all the time! :) But it's so wonderful!