Saturday, September 13, 2008

"NieNie"

Well, I am sure everyone has heard of the "NieNie" story. I have made a list of the blogs that are associated with her and her story. I hadn't even heard about it until my sister told me about it on Thursday when we were crafting. And since then, I haven't really had time to blog much. But tonight I figured I would read the story for myself. And can I just say, it is so sad, but so hope filled at the same time. And no, I don't know anything about this woman and her husband or any of them, except what I am reading online. But my sister and I just love to know about stuff. I mean we are the types that stay up all night on election night just to see who won, going in and out of sleep on the couch. When 9-11 happened, I watched TV for like 72 hours straight, I think. We just have a compulsion to "know," I guess. And for some reason, this story just touched me. The amazing family support system this woman and her husband have. The love and compassion that is being shown. It is a true example of how to be like Christ. Her sisters, taking care of her kids without a second thought, as if they were their children. It is just a true testament of families and the gospel and the plan of salvation. Isn't it interesting that we see some of the neatest things come out of such tragedies...
Anyway, I can't do anything but pray for this family that I don't know, and pass along their story. So that is what I am attempting to do. It is an amazing one. Check out the blogs, if you want, and read their story (for those of you who haven't yet). And I hope it has a happy ending. As I read, it really made me think about how blessed I am. And I hugged Keelia a little tighter tonight as I rocked her to sleep.

1 comments:

Misty said...

I'll have to read up on them.

and, tag, you're it! =)