Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Seven"

My mom has made Tuesday her library day. She takes all the grandkids that want to go to the library to check out books for the Summer reading program. Works out great for us because Keelia just learned about the library on one of the shows on Sprout that she likes to watch and has been asking to go ever since. She checked out a lot of books and had a really fun time.
Seven. The number of grandchildren my mom had sleep over last night. Four Guellers, two Matt Young's, and one Jackson. Ben and Will hung out for the evening, but went home with their parent's at bedtime. Keelia, well, she didn't have a choice, because we live with grandma. But after thirty minutes of "sleeping over," she and I decided she would do better in her own bed. And thank goodness for that. I was not looking forward to sharing her floor space with her all night. But the kids all had a great time. Sleepovers and fun at grandma's are some of the best things about Summer. We played games and ate popcorn. It was a zoo, but we loved it nonetheless!
And we started potty training on top of the sleep over. It wasn't my plan. My plan was actually to start Monday morning, but because of the holiday, I put it off. And because of the sleep over, I put it off Tuesday, too. But Tuesday night, she wanted to go in the potty, so I let her. And so it began. She had an accident last night and some success. It is probably going to be a long process. But I will see how the rest of today and tomorrow go. If we haven't made some progress by the weekend, I just might quit. :) We will see how ambitious I get.

0 comments: