As another week falls away, I feel like I need to do an update. This week we were able to start feeling our little girl kick from the outside. It has been so fun to watch Keelia as she tries to feel her little sister kick. And there is just something special about having others feel her kick, instead of it just always being me feeling her kick! :) I think we first felt it on Monday evening. And as the week continued, the kicks got stronger and more frequent. It is getting so fun!!
Still no place to live in Utah. But I do have a lead on a place that sounds pretty perfect for us. Needless to say, we are praying very hard that it all falls into place. It is crazy to think that in less than six weeks, we will be moving and starting this new chapter in our lives. CRAZY!
Tuesday we went to the library again and the spray park. It was a lot of fun and it was warmer out, so it was better for getting wet.
Keelia and I are both still recovering emotionally from last week. Hopefully it will all be over soon. As long as we get enough sleep, we all function a lot better.
Yesterday morning we finally got Keelia a new pool. Well, I bought it a couple weeks ago, but waited to put it up because my mom was having the house painted. But we finally got it up and filled. She LOVES the water. She has so much fun playing in it.
Yesterday afternoon we went to "Toy Story 3!" It was super cute. There was a part towards the end where Keelia got a little scared and I was a little worried as well, but it all ended well. And I think she liked it pretty well, over all. The Gueller kids came with us and my mom. I never thought I would be one of those people who takes their kids to movies a lot, but Keelia does so well, that it is a super fun family outing. I really enjoy it. Not so much, maybe, being pregnant. But it is still a fun time! :)
Yesterday we also sold our Jeep. We put it on craigslist and put for sale signs in the windows on Wednesday. I was getting pretty discouraged that no one would ever take it away, but our neighbors down the street bought it as a car for their kids. THANK YOU! That took a huge chunk of stress off my shoulders. And now I can go buy my new stroller that I want. :)
I think we finally have a name for baby girl. We aren't quite ready to reveal it to the world because I think the less time people know the name, the less ridicule we will get for it. And believe you me, when we picked Keelia BEFORE our 20 week ultrasound, we had plenty of ridicule for it. So we are trying to spare ourselves and our child as much of that as possible. But we love the name and I am really excited about it.
Today is father's day! Happy day to all the dads out there! We have a pretty special one in our little family. I am so grateful for Hunter and all he does for our family. I know going to school while having a wife and kids is not easy at all, and I really appreciate that he is willing to finish for us! And all three of us girls, love him very much!! This morning Keelia and I woke up and made him breakfast in bed. Plus we gave him his gifts this morning. Some of them worked out better than others, but I think he had a good morning. We were actually on time to church. Which means that in order for our family to get there on time, I have to wake up every Sunday morning at 7:45am. Lucky me. But it was nice to be on time to church. Our ward did "pies for the Priesthood" as their father's day treat. I heard back really good reviews and all the men seemed to enjoy their pie! After church, we had lunch and as a gift to Hunter, Keelia AND I took a nap! I woke up with enough time to make our fruit salad for dinner and head off to the Jackson's. We celebrated father's day and Lindsey's birthday all together. We had yummy burgers AND steak sandwiches, not to mention all the yummy sides. We always have such good food when we get together. We had an ice cream birthday cake for dessert. It was a really fun night. We are really going to miss family get-togethers when we move.
Another special dad I thought about a lot today is my own dad. It is weird to think that he has been gone four months already. In some ways it seems like it has been forever and in others it doesn't seem like very long ago. I am grateful for him and for the things that he taught me while he was here on this earth. I will miss having him watch my children grow up, but I know he is taking care of them on the other side for me, until they come here. And I am very grateful that I was able to be here and live with him the last year of his life. It was a huge blessing for me and for my little family. And we feel grateful to have had that opportunity. It was just another witness to me that Heavenly Father knows each one of us and hears our prayers. And not only hears them, but answers them, continually.
9 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment