Except it is raining in Denver.
So Friday night, Hunter and I were going to go on a date. My mom offered to watch Keelia for us, but when it came time for us to leave, Keelia freaked out. I think she is starting to sense that things are going to change, with the baby and with us moving. So she doesn't ever want anyone to leave her. So we ended up just eating at home and putting her to bed and sneaking out for a late movie. we saw "The Killers," which was SO good! I really liked and thought it was super funny! Well, Keelia was up when we got home at midnight. Apparently she woke up about 20 minutes after we left and despite my mom's best efforts, would not go back to sleep. She was "waiting up" for us. She went back to sleep fairly quickly after we got home. But we were all tired the next morning!
We had some cold weather this weekend. I even had to break out my one pair of maternity pants because it was so cold and rainy. And being pregnant both times, mostly through the Summer, I only have one pair of pants. They got some good use this weekend though.
Saturday we went to the Gueller's house to watch the USA play in their first World Cup game. I am not a big soccer fan, but went to be with everyone. We had pizza and just hung out. After the game, we ran a few quick errands and then went to a wedding reception. Those are always fun. I love a good wedding celebration and we got to visit with a lot of friends we don't get to see very often. Saturday night was kind of a late, emotional night for me. I just can't seem to get a grip on my life, with all the changes that are going on. It really is no wonder Keelia is having trouble with it, because I am. I would feel a lot more settled if we had a place to live, but I am just not having any luck from over here. Hopefully something will work out.
Today we had a pretty lazy, normal Sunday. Went to church, came home, had a Young family dinner. It was nice to get together and we had yummy food.
Keelia is still doing really well with the potty part of the training. And we have had a few other successes, but nothing really note worthy. I know she will get it eventually, but probably all the stress and emotion isn't helping her. I feel bad for letting my emotions have such an affect on my little one, but at the same time, I don't know quite what to do about it.
9 years ago



2 comments:
Let me help with your house hunt! I love doing stuff like that and I've lived here all of my life, so I know where not to live. I'm also helping Johanna do some apartment hunting, so I can do both at the same time. I'm sure you "starving students" are on a tight budget, so that is probably causing most of the stress. Seriously, I would love to help!
It was so good to see you guys! You look so great! hang in there!
Post a Comment