Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Tune Out"

Well another week has gone and I feel like I missed writing down so much. So here is my attempt to catch up.
Tuesday we went to the library and spray park, like usual. Except this week we tried a new spray park. The kids didn't like the spray park necessarily, but they sure loved the water/sandpit. I don't know who thought of putting a water spout in a sandbox, but it was a big hit. Even Max, who is 12, was having fun. So we will probably be going there again.
Tuesday is also the day that my wonderful cousin and aunt went to check out an apartment for us. Apparently it is perfect for us. So we officially have a place to live! We won't actually get to see it until we go to Utah in July, but we have seen pictures and heard a great description. And we sent off a deposit at the end of the week. But it really is a great deal and we are excited about it. And it is one more thing to check off our list of things to do before we move. One downside to the move is that we won't be able to get into our apartment as quickly as we had hoped, so we are staying in Colorado until the second week in August. It is just going to make getting settled and moved in before school starts a lot more fun, right? But we know the Lord has a plan for us and that He is very mindful of us, so every thing will work out one way or another.
Wednesday was my mom's annual "school's out campout." It is always super fun, and this year was no exception. My mom really puts a lot of effort into the campout. Her grandkids are really lucky to have her. We (meaning Keelia and I) did not sleep in the tent because she kept getting woken up by cars driving by. But we made an attempt and that is what counts, right? I don't have any pictures, but my mom has a ton. I will have to get some from her and post them. The next morning, we went on a nature walk also called a "hike." And there was a water balloon fight, but I was put on camera duty because pregnant people shouldn't be targets for small things filled with water. But the kids had such a fun time and I know it is something Keelia loved, even though she is only almost three.
Friday I finally got out to run some errands. I got half of the things done on my list. I bought our tickets for "Eclipse" for Wednesday morning at 12:15am. I am so excited. It will be worth not sleeping. :) Then we went to a wedding reception for an old friend of mine. She looked beautiful and it was a really fun party.
Today I did the other half of my to do list, with Keelia in tow. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but she didn't nap (and neither did I), and we are both feeling it tonight. Well, she is fast asleep, but I am beyond tired. And my body is really starting to hurt. I don't know what it is about this pregnancy that is so different than the last, but man, I don't know if I will make it to October. I don't mean to complain. I am glad to be pregnant and it is what we wanted, but it still hurts. :)
I had some Build A Bear Coupons that were expiring at the end of the month and because I had Keelia with me today, and she did fairly well, I let her use the coupons. You will never guess what she chose? And yes, he is seat belted next to her in the car.


Also, the other day Mallory got Keelia to finally dress up as Snow White. I say finally because in the box of dress up we bought, Belle and Snow White share a yellow skirt. That did not make Keelia happy, so she just always chooses to be Belle and not Snow White. So here is it, captured on film.


Well I think that is our week in a nutshell. My mom and I are still working on the baby's blanket. I hope to get that done soon. And I also hope to get her dresser painted and done soon. Then there will just be boxes to pack and things to go through. But we have just over six weeks before we leave, so if I pace myself, hopefully we can get it done and not save it all for the last minute. Hopefully. :)

1 comments:

Jen said...

Keelia got a new booster seat?! She's really getting too big. Just think of all we'll miss when you guys are gone.

Did you get your stroller?