Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Alligator Pie"

I have no idea why I chose this as my title. I had a hard time picking a title for this post, so I chose one that meant nothing and had nothing to do with what I wrote.
Yesterday morning I had my 24 week check up. I am not quite 24 weeks, but with the holiday coming this weekend, it was get in early or not at all. Everything checked out and baby sounded great. But I only have one more appointment here before our big move. It seems totally crazy to me to be moving again this late in my pregnancy. But as Hunter said about us yesterday, "we really live on the edge." HA! :)
My mom took Keelia to the library and splash park and I met up with everyone after my appointment. Jen and Will, and Leslie and her three boys went with her. Apparently everyone had fun, but it was SO hot, I was glad to only be there about fifteen minutes. We had lunch at Jen's and then dispersed for naps. Keelia fell asleep in the car on the way home. WHEN DOES THAT EVER HAPPEN? When I am too pregnant to really carry her anymore and no one else is home to help me, that's when! But I managed to get her in somehow and she took a great nap.
We had a dinner with Jeff, Jen, and Will, and Matt and the two oldest boys. Leslie and Ben had a previous engagement. But after dinner we went and looked at a house that my mom really likes. It was the second showing for us. Everyone seemed to like the house, so I guess we will see what happens.
After eating ice cream for dessert, Leslie and I headed to the theater about 9:30pm, to line up for "Eclipse." My mom met us just after 11pm, when we were already seated in the theater. But it was fun and I am glad to have people who are as crazy as me to go see the movie with on opening night. The movie was FANTASTIC. I could have done without all the screaming and shrieking that accompanied my viewing, but the movie was well worth it.
My mom left this morning early for Utah. She will be gone about 2 1/2 weeks. We are already missing her around here, but I guess it is just a trial run for all of us for what it will be like when we move in just under six weeks. But I don't want to get into that any sooner than I have to.
Here's hoping I will survive today with only my five hours of sleep.

0 comments: