Yesterday we had a yummy pre-Memorial Day BBQ at the Jackson's. We had super yummy steaks and lots of other fixings. Not to mention, the company is always good. Keelia loves playing with her Papa. She looks forward to it often and is really growing a special bond with him. She is sure lucky to have such a great Papa. We had fun just hanging out and stuffing ourselves full.
This morning we woke up and enjoyed that it everyone had the day off! Hunter is helping his parents do some work on their house, so he went off to work on his day off. Silly Hunter! My mom, Keelia, and I headed to Commerce City to watch Max's soccer team play in a championship tournament game. They lost, but came in second in the tournament, and played really well. Everyone else came out to watch them too. We all had lunch together and then headed home. Keelia took a much needed nap, which I had to wake her up from so we could get to the Gueller's house for our 4pm BBQ. But she had had enough nap that she was quite pleasant. We had a super yummy BBQ and everyone brought sides and stuff to share. We stuffed ourselves yet again. It is always so fun to hang out with family. We had our traditional "Memorial Day water balloon fight" after dinner. I didn't participate because I am too pregnant to be running around getting hit with water balloons. So Ben and I hung out and watched. But here are some pictures of those who did participate. It was fun to watch.
After everyone got semi-dry, we headed to the cemetery to visit my brother and dad's graves. It was the first time I have been to my dad's since the funeral and his headstone was up. They did a wonderful job on it. He would love it, I am sure. It was nice to be able to go and remember them, especially with so much family. Here are some pictures of the headstones.
After that, we headed back to the Gueller's house for dessert. It was super yummy. Ben had his first ice cream taste. He is just a few days from being six months old! He liked it okay, but didn't love it. Here is a picture of that, too!
We had a great weekend. I sure do love long weekends and I love that Summer is here. I could do without some of the heat, but such is life, right? And one more thing, how is tomorrow June? It just doesn't seem possible!
9 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment