Well, there is so much to cover. I really hate not posting every few days, but this last week, I just couldn't. It felt unimportant compared to spending time with my family and getting what little rest I could.
First off, Keelia has a double ear infection. One ear is much worse than the other, but they are both irritated. We took her to urgent care last night and got her some antibiotics, so hopefully she will be feeling somewhat better pretty quickly. She caught my cold. I caught it last Friday (Feb. 19th). I was the first of many to catch it, but I have done some sharing. Keelia got it, my mom got it, Will got it, and probably a few other people that I am not sure of. Between not sleeping and the stress of the last couple weeks, it is no wonder that we got something. I am just starting to feel better today. I am still a little congested and am still blowing my nose more than I want to, but I feel better. My teeth still feel like they are going to fall out of my mouth, sometimes, because of the pressure. I hope that stops soon.
My dad's funeral was great, I mean as far as funerals go. We had so much love and support from family and friends. It is sad that it takes such an event to gather old friends and family together, but that is just about the only joy of a funeral. And really, having my aunt Erin here with us for almost nine days, was probably the biggest blessing. She took such good care of my mom that none of us really had to worry. We still did, but I think a little less, because we knew she was here. We know it was such a big sacrifice for her family, but we are so grateful. We couldn't have done it without her!!
I'm not sure if I said this, but before my dad died, we had just finsihed applying for school in the Fall. We are still waiting for some transcripts to be sent, but our part is done. We really have no idea where we want to end up. There are pros and cons of every school we applied to, so it will be a tough decision in the end, I am sure. I will keep everyone posted as we find out more.
This semester, for obvious reasons, is going to be tough. It already feels like it should be over and Hunter has only been taking classes for not quite six weeks. If you ever put your husband through school or whatever you want to call what we are doing, it is an interesting experience. Sometimes I feel like, "hey, wait, didn't I already do this and graduate from college?" And here I am, doing it again. I know it will eventually pay off, but it is not fun being in it at the moment. I am just complaining because I am sick and tired and because I can.
I got my blog book in the mail. I love it. Of course, I have already found a million things about it that I did "wrong," but it is such a wonderful gift. I am really happy to have it and I am excited to get the next one done and to keep them coming.
I am not really sure how it became March so quickly. Well, I am. I spent most of February in some sort of a daze, for one reason or another. I do love Winter and I still looking forward to the great, late Spring snow storm Colorado always delivers, but I am excited for it to get warmer so that Keelia and I can go outside. Being cooped up all the time is taking a toll on my little on. So, welcome March.
My mom is home this week. Which is nice. She is sick, got my cold. But we are still loving having her home. It is going to be a weird adjustment (just another adjustment in a line of many for us) when she goes back to school on Monday. Keelia won't know what to do with herself when it is really just me and her. Kind of sad to think about. If only we didn't have to deal with all the realities of life.
Monday we had a pretty fun day. We rode the "train" (lightrail) with Sean and his two boys, Jeff, Jen, Will, and my mom. Hunter had to work, so it was just Keelia and I. The kids mostly loved it! While we were riding Keelia said, "This is train is AWESOME!" She is so cute. After our ride, we went to Freddy's Frozen Custard for lunch. They have yummy food as well as yummy custard treats. Sean and his boys left that afternoon and they were the last to leave us. Needless to say, it has been a quiet couple of days.
But back to life, right?
9 years ago



4 comments:
I'm glad that you are all able to get back to life, but I'm sure it's not easy. I hope you are all doing as well as can be! Good luck with school, I'm interested to hear where you decide to go.
We really need to set up some time to visit eachother before you guys run off to some far-off land like Utah or wherever :)
It was good to hear from you and know everything is okay!! Life's realities really do suck and I am sorry you have experienced so many of them lately!! Hopefully March will be a much better month!! Feel better soon!!
I hope your sweet baby is feeling better. That junk is going around. Both Korban and Gannon have ear infections! NO FUN!
I am glad to hear that your doing okay. I'm sorry that I didn't get to see much of you this last weekend! Know that I love you and you are in my thoughts and prayers!
I am so sorry that you guys have all been sick on top of everything else you have going on! I would love to see your blog book sometime. I want to make one too!! Let's get together soon!!
Post a Comment