Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Even Now"

Let's be honest, I am still trying to recover from our trip. Whether it is digging myself out of the mounds of laundry or trying to get some rest, it is still recovery. But we had a pretty great weekend. Friday night we had dinner and swimming at the Lonetree Rec. Center pool. Everyone came and it was super fun. The kids all loved it and it was a great way to get out their energy. I usually swim, but I sat on the sidelines this time. Which was fine by me.
Saturday morning, Jen and I got up early and went to another used kid stuff sale. This one is the furthest away, but it is my favorite. However, upon returning, I realized that as Keelia gets older and bigger, the sales are not as useful for me. Luckily, with this new baby coming, they will be useful again. Especially if it is a boy. But I still had fun. On the way home from the sale, we stopped and got doughnuts. And it was sunny, but the wind was freezing. And I had a "full circle moment," as Oprah likes to call them. There is a movie called "Mixed Nuts" and it is one of my favorites. But throughout the movie, the actors blame everything on the "Santa Anas," which is a desert wind. Well Jen brought up the Santa Ana winds in conversation, like it was no big deal. And it made my life complete. It was fantastic for me. Probably not to anyone who hasn't seen it, but then you should all go out and rent it. It is hilarious!
After the sale, we went with the Matt Young's, and the Gueller kids, and my mom to see "How to Train Your Dragon." It was SO cute. I really liked it and so did the kids. I totally recommend it. And after the movie, everyone just hung out at my mom's house. It was nice to just be together and hang out. We had lunch together and then the Guellers left. Then we had dinner together and the Jeff Young's joined us. It was a super fun weekend!

1 comments:

Jen said...

I wish my friends from SD read this post. They'd totally think it was normal to talk about Santa Anas. :D I love that you enjoyed it so much though!