I swear, I feel like I have nothing to blog about and then the weekend comes and I don't write anything down. And then, I can't believe another week has flown by. But I won't lie, I LOVE this time of year, with all the activities and family time. It really is the best!
Friday night we just sat around and watched a movie with my parents. We watched "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past." It was my third time seeing it, but I think it is pretty funny. And everyone seemed to like it.
Saturday, Leslie, Jen, mom, and I went to a kid's stuff sale. I just love those. I get so much "gently used" stuff for so cheap. And it makes for a fun outing. Saturday night, we went to Hunter's parent's house and had dessert with the family. We had pie and lots of laughs. It was a lot of fun to hang out and we are so glad we got to see them this week. Keelia usually asks for them a couple times a week, but it is at times that they are at work, so I have to try to distract her from the idea of going to see them. I am looking forward to the holidays, so we can spend some more time with them, too.
Today, Hunter had to finish his hunter safety class (long story, the date got changed), so Keelia and I (with my mom's help, of course) had a rough morning. She is after all my daughter, so she doesn't do well with change at all. So the fact that Hunter wasn't here to go to church with us, just started her off on the wrong foot. And then we had to take my mom's car and it just got progressively worse as the day went on. Sacrament meeting was rough, but my mom was nice enough to take the nursery block, so that I could have a break. Needless to say, after church, Keelia had a much needed (for both of us) nap. We had a big family dinner tonight, too. It was nice to see everyone. We are really blessed with such great families.
Well, Keelia turns two a week from today. I have mixed emotions about it. For many reasons, but she is just getting so big. She is really not a baby anymore at all. And I thought when I got to this point, I would have another baby already or sometime soon, so it is different than I ever pictured her second birthday in my head. I am excited to watch her experience her birthday this year, now that she understands it more. Being a mom really is the best job out there!
Today I rearranged Keelia's room, too. I took out the rocker/glider, because the arm has been broken for a long time and we keep trying to fix it, but today I had just had enough of it. Plus it took up a lot of space, to not really be able to use it. And I took out the changing table, because Keelia is not a baby anymore, and always want to lay on the floor to get changed or dressed. So it was really just taking up space too. Now there is a lot more space for her to play with her toys and there is way less on the ground. I think she likes it and will enjoy the extra space. I wish that I had taken a before picture, but you will just have to be happy with the after pictures. :) This is the corner where the glider used to be with a book case and the kitchen smashed in there. Now WAY more room!
And the kitchen took the changing table's place on it's very own wall, with WAY more space!
We have a full week of family things planned, and I can't wait. It should be a really great week! Hopefully, I will post more than just once on the weekend!
8 years ago



3 comments:
I like the new layout in her room. It looks like she'll have fun up there. Also, your new background is super cute.
So organized! I love it! It looks so cute! I'm excited to see pics of the birthday :)
Miss you :o(
Post a Comment