Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekends Get Away From Me Too Quickly

Seriously. I don't even know where the time goes and then all of a sudden it is Sunday and I haven't posted about anything!
Friday morning, Keelia, Jen, Will, and I met Leslie and Zack down at the outlets by Matt and Leslie's new house. It was fun to get to shop a little and just hang out. We need to do it more often! Friday night Hunter and I did a little birthday shopping for Keelia, which was fun. She was with us, so she helped pick out her toys, but we have to do it that way or else we wouldn't know what she wants. And we just hide the presents from her until her birthday.
Saturday morning, Keelia and I went to Marshall's first soccer game ever, and then Mallory's game. We didn't get to see Max or Mase play, but we had fun getting to see everyone. Saturday afternoon, after I put Keelia down for her nap, I headed to my friend Kyla's baby shower. She looks so cute. I wanted to take pictures, but I left my camera at home, so when she posts pictures, I will steal some from her blog.

(photo taken from Kyla's blog!)
Kyla is having a little girl in about four weeks and I could not be more thrilled for her. And I can't wait to meet her little one! Congrats again, Kyla and Steve! Saturday night, after the shower, Hunter, Keelia, and I headed back to the outlet stores to exchange something for Hunter. And because we were so close to Matt and Leslie's, we wanted to stop by and say hi, and they were so nice to invite us over for dinner. So the kids played and we visited. And we had a yummy dinner, and then visited some more. It was such a fun night. We will have to do it again sometime! Thanks again for having us over.
This morning we woke up to a pleasant surprise! Keelia slept ALL NIGHT in her big girl bed! Which is a first for us since we bought it a week ago. I was so proud of her. She is such a big girl! She didn't even make a peep all night long. I woke up this morning feeling so rested. Keelia is still sick, so we didn't take her to nursery, again. I am going to take her to the doctor tomorrow just to make sure it is nothing worse than just a cold that won't quit. I would rather be safe than sorry. And Hunter is still sick. The two of them always seem to get sick together. Tonight, we went to dinner and Hunter's parent's house. It was nice to get to see everyone. Even Gran and Jack were there. Gran is having surgery on Wednesday, so it was nice to be around her. (She found out she had breast cancer not too long ago. She has had a rough year or two!) But it is routine and she is expected to be fine. So we will keep our fingers crossed and keep her in our prayers, for sure. But we had yummy food and good company. The perfect way to complete a weekend.
And to update, I made a hair appointment for Wednesday, to cut my hair. I am not going too short, or anywhere near as short as last time, but I am going to cut a few inches off and actually get some style! :) Wish me luck!
Now, I am off to bed, because I am so tired lately. It is only 10pm and I feel like it is 4 in the morning. Definitely time for some shut eye.

1 comments:

Kyla said...

It was GREAT to see you Saturday, thanks so much for coming and I'm sorry I couldn't visit longer with you but we need to get together soon!! Maybe on a Friday coming up...during lunch or something.