Plain and simple. And I need more sleep. I caught the cold version of Hunter's multiple infections, for which I am grateful (that it is only a cold). But I am still sick and I am not getting enough sleep. Why, you might ask? Well, Keelia caught the infection version of Hunter's infections. After days of gagging until she barfs (which is still going on, hence the no sleeping), and refusing to take medicine, I finally took her to the doctor on Wednesday morning. She would actually take Motrin, but it is all recalled and she refuses the store brand because it is orange. Really?! Anyway, turns out she has a double ear infection too. The doctor said one side was worse than the other, but definitely both irritated. So she is on the good pink medicine. And because she is gagging so bad on her sinus leakage, they have me trying to give her Benadryl. Which, alone, causes her to gag. So we are giving her the big kid Benadryl melt-aways that they are not supposed to have until they are six. We are doing it in half doses and it seems to be working. It makes her sleepy enough that it is not a battle to get her to bed. And she doesn't throw up because of the icky liquid medicine I am forcing her to take. However, since Tuesday night, she has thrown up AT LEAST once a day. Tuesday, all over her car seat. Which was tricky to get clean. Have you ever bathed a car seat? Because I have. Twice now. It is not fun. Turns out, they really aren't made for water. Wednesday and Thursday nights, ALL OVER her bed. Needless to say, we have been doing constant bathing and laundry. And this evening, again, all over her car seat. But this time I felt like a pro cleaning it up, since it wasn't my first time. If I am not careful, I might have to open my own car seat cleaning business. :) But I do have to put a plug in for this cleaner that my mom has that has worked MIRACLES! I have no idea what it is called or what is in it, but I am going to some how steal both bottles when I move from here. Usually, when Keelia throws up, Lysol and Febreeze do the trick, on germs and the smell. Well not this time. On Tuesday, I could not get the car seat clean for the life of me. Nor could I rid the car seat of the wretched smell of throw up. Until my mom reminded me to try this cleaner. (This cleaner removes the unknowns and impossible stains of Keelia's clothes. Things that Oxi-Clean could not even touch!) It is amazing stuff. And it did the trick. So now I am all set next time she decides to gag until she barfs all over her car seat. Which, with my luck, will probably be tomorrow. However, I am hoping tonight will be the beginning of the new streak that I am hoping catches on, called "no more throwing up all over our bed, an hour after we fall asleep." I will let you know tomorrow.
I know I am not getting enough sleep because I almost passed out at Target yesterday. Like for reals. It was not because I was hungry, because I had a HUGE breakfast, which is kind of unlike the pregnant me. I just was trying to do too much with not enough rest and I almost lost it. I had Keelia with me and I was alone (I mean, except the hundreds of other people at Target), and it was kind of scary. But I sat down, got a drink, and ate something to pass the time, and I was able to finish my errands at Target. But it was a close call.
Another reason I know I am not sleeping enough is because I am SUPER emotional. Don't get me wrong, I am a VERY emotional person to start things off. Plus, I do realize that I am pregnant and that adds a whole deeper lever of emotion. But me, being pregnant, sick, and sleep deprived? Not pretty. I am talking close to hysterics all too often. I really need like three days of just really good sleep. What does a girl have to do??
And wouldn't you know, we have Jackson family pictures tomorrow. Good timing, with all three of us being sick and me, well, being me. Oh well. Tomorrow at this time, it will all be over and done with.
Hunter got his grades back. He did so good! I am so proud of him. He got a 3.0 this semester. And with retaking the classes he did, he boosted his GPA way up! CU is stupid not to want him, but hopefully we get into the U of U. And then will come decision making time! I hope we hear back soon so we can get to planning where we will be in three months. We are really so proud of him for all the work he does for out family, so I can stay home and be a mom. Going to school full time and working full time is hard and very demanding, not to mention, being an involved daddy. I hope not working his current job in the Fall will really make things a lot easier for him while he finishes up his schooling.
Well, we are almost at our hour mark since Keelia finally went to sleep, so I better prepare for the throw up. Or get ready for bed. Either way, I better go get ready.
9 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment