I love to blog. But if I don't do it almost everyday, it gets away from me and then I end up writing these pictureless novels that most people don't even read. But for my family's benefit, here goes.
On Monday, we worked outside trying to get the yard done. We put down new mulch in a lot of places and we planted part of the garden. We didn't get the seeds planted, but we got all the plants we bought planted. Most of that took place after the nap time. Monday morning, we had Jeff, Jen, and Will over to play and hang out. Monday night when I went to bed, I thought for sure I was going to die from too much bending over.
Tuesday morning, Jen, Will, Keelia, and I headed to the zoo. And it was a zoo! There were so many people. It just reaffirmed to me that my trips to the zoo will become progressively shorter, but more frequent. I can't stand crowds like that and not to mention the heat. But we had fun. And the kids love the zoo. I am going to try and take Keelia once a week, at least for an hour or so. Soon enough we won't be living here and we won't get to have a zoo pass to use. So we need to take advantage of it while we can. Here is a picture Jen took of Keelia on her phone at the zoo. My camera battery has been dead all week, little did I know, because I carried it around intending to take pictures. Good thing I never tried. :)
Tuesday night we had Jeff, Jen, and Will over for dinner. I am already loving Summer.
Wednesday, Hunter was on call in the morning, so he worked on fixing the deck/stairs and Keelia and I finished planting the garden. Towards the end, it became mostly scatter seeds in the dirt and hope we can cover them. Planting seeds while almost 19 weeks pregnant, with the help of an almost three year old is not anyone's best plan. But hopefully some of the seeds will survive. We set up our kid swimming pool outside on the patio and got it all ready to play in for the next day. You gotta give the freezing hose water time to warm up in the sun before getting in. We had the missionaries over to dinner and mostly just sat around. Like I said, I am really loving this Summer thing. However, come July, I will be praying for Fall or Winter. I can do May heat in Colorado. I don't do July heat very well. Luckily, we have AC and can stay inside. :)
This morning, I did everything I could to hold Keelia off from getting in the pool until 10am. We invited Leslie and the boys and Jen and Will over to come play in the water with us. Well, they didn't come until about 11:15am. But Keelia got in the water by herself at 10am. Let's just say there is another reason to add to the books for having more than one kid. It was sad to watch her play by herself for so long. I am excited for this baby to join our family so that Keelia will have a playmate! And today is when I discovered my camera battery was dead. I did take some pictures of Keelia playing in the water on my phone. Hopefully, that will suffice.
By the time the other kids got there, she was ready to get out of the water. But she played a while longer before giving up. Everyone eventually got out and we had lunch together. Jen and Will went home to nap. Leslie and the boys stayed and hung out. We went to look at houses with my mom in the afternoon. Mallory and Marshall joined the madness. And we watched Will so Jeff and Jen could celebrate their anniversary by going to dinner. We had fun having so many cousins all together. And Matt joined us after work. We did a lot of playing outside, which was fun. Today was my mom's last day of school! YAY! She has to go into work tomorrow, but with no kids. It is just a day to get organized and clean up her room. We are so excited to have her home with us this Summer.
We are still in the process of deciding on a school to attend. I think we are both leaning towards the U of U, but nothing is for sure. We are hoping that sometime in the next two weeks, we will have all the information we need to make a decision. Then we can get to planning our lives!
Today I am 19 weeks pregnant. It is crazy. It seems I have been pregnant forever, but that the same time, I can't believe it is almost half over. We are growing more and more anxious to learn the gender of this new little baby. Just a little over a week.
I think that about sums up the last few days. I hope to get back into the blogging swing. I used to write every night or close to it, when Keelia went to bed. Turns out, now, I just choose to go to bed. But hopefully I will get better again.
9 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment