Friday was pretty uneventful. Keelia and I did some errands, but mostly we just stayed inside to try and keep cool. :) It was my mom's last day of work! YAY! We are all so excited. We had yummy take out and just hung out. It was nice and relaxing.
Yesterday we went on a hike with the Matt Young's, Jen and Will, and my mom. We went to Castlewood Canyon and just did a short hike to some waterfalls and we had a picnic lunch. But believe me, it was long enough for this pregnant lady! But the kids and a few adults enjoyed playing in the water and cooling off. Interesting story...when we were driving into the park, we saw a little boy who was not even two, standing in the middle of the road. We stopped because something told us too. As we did, I thought, this is either the start of our very own horror movie, or this poor baby is lost. Turns out, he was lost. We searched the area to see if there were any frantic parents, but there weren't. So we loaded him in our car and drove back to the ranger station. The kid was clinging to my mom, who is the one that got out of the car to help him, so we left her there with the little boy, and headed back to where we found him to see if we could find anyone. We saw two older boys, probably 9 and 11, that looked like him. So I asked them if they had a brother missing, to which they replied, "Yes. We are going to get him." So I offered them a ride since we had to go pick up my mom anyways. They got in without any hesitation. At that point I thought they were either really stupid or LDS. :) But I didn't question either, and we drove them to their little brother. It was a happy reunion and we went off on our hike. When we were loading in the car after our hike, we saw the older boys getting out of this big white van. So my mom went and talked to the dad. Turns out they were LDS. And the little one had just wandered off. We were happy to help and happy to have found his family. It made our hike more eventful, too. Here are some pictures. Some I took and some I stole from my sister-in-law's blog.
After our hike and getting napped and cleaned up, we went back down to Castle Rock to have dinner with some of our friends, the Kotters. We haven't seen them in over a year, but it was super fun to get together. We hope to do it again soon! They made yummy pizza and we just sat around and talked. Keelia loved playing with their little boy. Elijah even kissed her a few times. I wish I had taken a picture, but totally spaced it. Maybe next time! Thanks again for the fun night!
9 years ago



3 comments:
that's so awesome that you were there at the right time to help that little boy!
It like a fun and beautiful hike!
Fun for you guys and good job helping that little boy! Scary for him huh?
So um......the weather there looks beauitful and here it's so blah, in fact raining right now!! Boo Hoo.
Can't believe you're almost 20 weeks, woo hoo girl!
Scary! I am so glad you guys found that little boy and not some psycho! Thanks for the pictures!
Post a Comment