So Thursday night, because I was feeling still so sick, Hunter took Keelia to see his parents. It was a nice break for me and she loves getting to play with her Papa, who was off work the whole week. Plus, I got to sit and watch a movie, basically uninterrupted, with my mom. Which almost never happens. I can't even really remember the last time. Luckily, because I was so sick, I was able to go to sleep as soon as Keelia did, to try and rest up. Before I went to bed, I just happened to glance at the U of U's website and noticed that they had marked Hunter's Spring transcript as received. Which was fast!
I woke up Friday morning really missing my dad. I miss him everyday, you know how that goes. But for some reason, I was really weepy and missed him a lot more than usual. I tried really hard not to upset Keelia, so I tried to distract myself with other things. So I called the U of U to see what they would say about the transcript status and the guy I had been working with told me that Hunter would be admitted! It was such a sigh of relief! We have really been praying hard and we were so excited to have options about school. We still have to wait for things to be processed and see about financial aid, and then we will have to make a choice. But it was such a great way to start the weekend! Friday night we went to dinner with Hunter's family for Errol's birthday and to celebrate Hunter getting into the U. We went to the Outback and we had great company. Then we just went back to the Jackson's house and hung out until bed time.
Saturday morning, my mom, Keelia, Hunter, and I went and saw "Shrek 4" in the theaters. It was such a cute movie and Keelia really loved it! She did pretty well. She really likes seeing movies on the big screen. She is so excited for "Toy Story 3" to come out next month, she can hardly stand it! But it was a fun outing and we were glad to get to spend some time with my mom. Keelia declined her nap, which was unfortunate for everyone involved. :) So after doing a whole lot of nothing, we headed to the Jackson's house to have Errol's birthday dinner. It was such a yummy barbecue. And we always have a lot of fun hanging out with our family. Keelia got very spoiled being able to see her Papa for so many days in a row. She really loves him and cherishes every second she gets to spend with him. She likes everyone else in the Jackson house too, but Papa is for sure her favorite! :) And Saturday was the first day that I really looked at myself and thought "man, you look pregnant!" My belly kind of popped out this week. Weird, but it was bound to happen. I just wish it would have waited just a little while longer. :) Oh well!
Today, we went to church. Very uneventful day. We had a yummy dinner on the grill. We went to the Gueller's house to have dessert for Leslie's birthday. It was a yummy blizzard cake. And we were in good company. The kids played outside and we just enjoyed being together. And I took my last antibiotic this afternoon, so I am glad to be on the downhill slope of this sinus infection. Hopefully by this time next week, I will feel like a whole new person! :)
9 years ago



1 comments:
Next post will include pictures....? You promised!
Post a Comment