Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Don't Wait"

Well, it finally happened. I got sick. And the worst part is that I waited one day too long to call the doctor, because I feel like I am going to die. I have a sinus infection. You know the kind where you feel like your teeth are all going to fall out of your mouth at once? Yeah. It is a nice feeling. I started some antibiotics yesterday, but still feel like I could die at any moment because I waited too long. Lesson: DON'T WAIT! Hopefully I will live through it. And what is worse is that I can't really chew anything because my mouth hurts so bad. And what I can chew, I can't really taste. So eating, one of my favorite things, really has lost all fun for me at this point.
For the last couple of days, I have been wondering, mostly to myself, if what I feel going on inside is that baby moving. Well this morning I kind of smashed my belly against the counter to reach something and felt the baby for sure. Apparently he or she is getting a little tight on space and didn't like me taking some of it up momentarily. But it is always good to be able to feel the baby move. Reassuring to say the least. And I also find it interesting that I wasn't sure if it was the baby until today. People say on your second pregnancy you should know sooner and right away. Well this is my second baby and I still had no idea. But it was right around the same time with Keelia as with this one, that I finally felt the movements and knew for sure.
We still have over two weeks until the gender ultrasound. I am tired of waiting. Everyone due around the same time as me already knows what they are having, and even a few people due after me already know. Totally not fair! Oh well. Patience is a virtue that I am working on constantly.
Everyone seems to think I am having a boy. (Everyone except me and Keelia!) I will be happy with whatever it is, as long as it is healthy. But I am still holding out hope for another little girl. :)
Tuesday night, we went down to Tommy's last soccer game. He scored in the last second, but his team won. It was fun to watch him play. Not so fun was having Ben barf down my shirt. And it pooled and it was gross. The smell was making me dry heave along with the feel of it, so I drove home from Castle Rock in my tank top. My shirt and sweatshirt were covered in it and I had to get them off. So sorry if you saw me driving home that night and I offended you because I was dressed how I was. :) Later, we had our monthly craft night. I did nothing but sit around and eat and visit. Turns out I am quite good at it! But it was fun to get to visit. We always have a good time, no matter what is going on.
Last night, we went to PRA fundraiser to support the PTO and my mom. She invited us and we went. The food was okay, but the service was lousy. I will probably never be going back to that place again! I didn't even get to eat my food at the restaurant. I, in fact, I had it for lunch today. But the food was good.
I will just say, I love my OBGYN. I called them yesterday to tell them I was dying and they diagnosed me over the phone and called me in a prescription. I am sure going to miss them when I have to move. I was really looking forward to having this doctor deliver my baby. Not only that, to only have one doctor my whole pregnancy is a dream of mine. Maybe on the next one, right? :) One can always dream.

1 comments:

Kyle and Serene Hardy said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy and feeling the baby move;) You should be finding out what it is soon, right? I hated being sick with a cold when I was pregnant because you can't take anything. Hope you feel better soon!