Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Wait, Wait, Wait"

Today and yesterday have not been so restful. But I guess that is why only Sunday is referred to as the day of rest, right?
Yesterday morning, Keelia woke up and first thing she said was she wanted to go potty on the toilet. I kind of rolled my eyes and wanted so badly to not have my time wasted, but reluctantly, we went to the potty. As soon as she sat down, SUCCESS!! It was awesome. She is getting so big. She hasn't had any successes since, but we have been running a ton of errands and have not been home where she is comfortable. I am hoping over the next few days, we can really work on it and have more success.
And I am going to share a rather gross story, involving poop. There was your warning. Keelia woke up from her nap and said she had to go poop in the toilet. So I rushed her over there, tore of her diaper, and sat her on the toilet. Partly trying to make up for not being supportive of her attempts earlier in the morning. Anyway, next thing I know, I have poop on my foot. DANG YOU, FLIP FLOPS! I tried really hard not to get mad, because really it wasn't her fault at all. I was just really mad that I had poop in my toes. YUCK! So we cleaned it up and went on with life. But for about 15 minutes, I couldn't say anything, because I HATE feet and poopy feet are WAY worse. And now, a day later, I can kind of laugh about it. Yesterday, I could not.
This morning I woke up early, on a day when I could have slept in because Hunter was on call, and went to get my tires rotated. I left the house in shorts and a sweatshirt, because it was sunny and nice, and they said 65 for the high. I figured I would be inside most of the time and it wouldn't matter. Well, a short time later, an arctic front moved in and it was FREEZING. And there were a lot of people waiting for their cars, and I had to make a series of phone calls, so I felt like I should do the calling outside. Cold, cold, cold! But I survived. :)
Turns out, they couldn't rotate my tires because they were bad, so I had to buy two new tires. Not what I wanted to do with $300, but oh well. And then they told me that the reason the tires we were wearing so bad, is because my car needed a front alignment. So, while Keelia napped and I paid bills and took care of business, Hunter took the car to get aligned. But the car drives better and we are blessed, so I can't really complain too much. And we did get to take a family trip to Wal-Mart to pick up pictures and to Old Navy to glance. So we had a pretty great day, even with our car troubles.

6 comments:

Angie said...

I am laughing! Kudos for getting the pooping in the potty going. My boys were so bad. I hate potty training!
Sorry I'm laughing, but o man poop stories are my life :)

Sarah and Troy said...

Walmart must be on an alignment kick. They wouldn't repair our flat because they said the alignment was off and our warranty was voided. I hate that place. But I hate poop on my feet more :)

Erica and Dan Kiefer said...

oh the things mothers do for their kids! gross about the poop, but what a loving mom. it will be a good bonding story to share with your daughter years from now. and when she's old enough to understand what it means when you say, "you owe me!"
thanks for your blog comments. I appreciate you thinking of me. and i'm pulling out of the slump i was in for the past few days, so doing ok again. thanks for your love! love you right back.

Traci said...

I am so sorry that you can't laugh at that. So I will for you... a lot!

Jannie said...

Potty training is one of my least favorite things to do! So sorry about the poop on the toes - that's just gross!

Kyle and Serene Hardy said...

I was sitting here laughing at your 'Poop' story. That is the worst feeling in the whole world!! Congratulations on the lil' one on the way!