Saturday, April 17, 2010

"Currents"

Thursday night, as much of the family that could, went down to watch Tommy's first soccer game. It was fun to hang out and support Tommy. And of course, to watch a bunch of five year olds run crazy after a ball. But it was great and we are so excited to keep watching his games! We took pizza to the game to eat while we watched. It was a little cold outside, but we all made it, and had fun!
Yesterday, my mom left to go to Utah for the weekend. We are excited that she went on a fun weekend getaway, but we miss her and can't wait for her to come home. Being around this big house all the time makes me not want a big house like this until I have children enough to fill it. :)
We had a pretty quiet day yesterday. Grandma Lola came over to hang out in the morning, as did Jen and Will. And then Jen was kind enough to sit at our house while Keelia napped, so I could go to the baby doctor. On Wednesday night, I started having this weird tightening in my ride side, up by my ribs. It kept me up most of the night and I could not get comfortable. I called my doctor on Thursday morning and didn't hear back until Friday morning. I guess my nurse forgot to put her "out of the office" message on for Thursday, so no one got it until Friday morning. Oh well. The pain had gotten a little better, but they still wanted to see me and make sure everything was okay. So I went in, heard baby's heartbeat and discussed all the "what ifs" the weird feeling in my side could be. Really, it there is nothing they can do for me. They said if it was still bothering me when I come in in May, they would investigate further. That doesn't sound fun, so let's hope it is gone by then! :) But after Hunter got home, we got some yummy take out for dinner and just hung out as our little family of three. I know it is a long way off still until the new baby comes, but I am treasuring every moment we get as a family of three. Don't get me wrong, I am SO excited for the new baby, but it will never just be the three of us again, like this. So I really enjoy the quiet times we get to spend together. And believe it or not, when I put Keelia to bed last night at a little after 9pm, I put myself to bed, too. I did crawl into my bed sometime in the 10 o'clock hour, but that is about all I did. It was nice to go to bed early and to get a good night's sleep.
Today we woke up kind of early for a Saturday. We got ready to go and as we were walking out the door, I knew I was going to barf. I always feel like I am going to, if I brush my teeth without eating. Don't ask me why. But then after brushing my teeth, I still didn't eat because we were running late. And sure enough, I threw up for my first time being pregnant. It won't happen again. I am really not sick that much at all anymore. It is something I totally could have avoided and plan to from here on out. Anyway, we went to see "How To Train Your Dragon" again, this time, with Hunter's parents. After the movie, we went to lunch at Red Robin. By the time lunch was over, Keelia and I were both beat. We came home to nap and Keelia took a great one. I wasn't able to lay down, but oh well. Then we had Matt and his three boys, and Jeff, Jen, and Will, and Grandma Lola over for dinner and to hang out. Marshall joined us to hang out, but had already eaten dinner. It was a fun day! Needless to say, I am beat. And hungry. So I better go eat something and then hit the hay.

2 comments:

Traci said...

I hope you are feeling better and that the weird pain doesn't come back again. How bizarre? Don't you love what pregnancy does to your body!?

Jannie said...

Ohh, I am so sorry to hear about the pain by your ribs - I hope it goes away...and I hate throwing up so I am also sorry to hear about that. Thanks for the updates...and take care!