Monday, April 12, 2010

"No News Is Bad News"

Because, sometimes, I agree with that title, I figured I had better update everyone on baby #2. I went to the doctor today for my 12 week check up. Everything looked good and even though I couldn't really hear the heart beat very well, the nurse assured me it was healthy and strong. Turns out baby is REALLY active and would not sit still for the heart beat machine. Oh well. :) As long as someone heard the heartbeat, that is all I care about. I have my 16 week check up on May 10, and my 20 week ultrasound scheduled for June 7. And yes, we will find out the gender. I hate to be surprised, especially about things like this. So, it will be a long 8 weeks until we find out, but hopefully it will go by quickly. Yes, we have names we like for both genders. It if is a boy it will be Harrison Dean. If it is a girl, it will most likely by Rylee Lola, unless I can talk Hunter into Peyton Grace. But he is not sold on the second one like I am, and we both love Rylee Lola, so that will probably be it. But only time will tell.
Other than that, things are good around here. I am not really sick anymore. Every once in a while, a spell of it will hit me around dinner time, especially if I don't eat dinner right when I am hungry. But the all day sickness I was having a few weeks ago is gone, knock on wood. And like I said, the evening sickness is infrequent. Don't worry, I know I am super lucky not to be puking my guts out. I count my blessings.
And I have only put on 4 pounds with this pregnancy, which is good for me. Heaven knows, with how I retained water with Keelia, the weight will come later. But with Keelia, I didn't really watch my weight that much, and it shows. So I am trying to do better with this pregnancy, and eat better and take better care of myself, not only for the baby, but for myself. But you will know when the weight starts coming because I will stop reporting how many pounds I have put on. :) And just so everyone knows, I am not one who posts belly shots of myself pregnant. Just not my thing. If I happen to be in a picture in the next 6+ months, you will see the belly. If not, consider yourself lucky.
And on Sunday night, we celebrated Tommy's 5th birthday. His actual birthday is this Wednesday, but it is just easier to do big family things on the weekends. We had a cake which Leslie made and it was awesome. She is very creative. And it was fun to hang out and celebrate Tommy! Here is a picture of the cake.

3 comments:

Eric and Hannah said...

I'm glad everything is going so well! You kind of scared me for a minute with the title of your post!
I love the names you picked out! We LOVE the name Harrison--Lucy would have been a Harrison if she were a boy!

Misty said...

Glad to hear everything is going well and that your little one is so active. I'm also impressed you already have names picked out. we are terrible at that! =)

Jannie said...

Yah - I am with Misty - picking out names can be so hard! I am so excited to read what you will be having! And I am soooo glad that you have been feeling better!!! Thanks for the update :)