I have no excuse for not blogging. In fact, I try really hard. I still have two posts started, but unfinished. One about our Easter celebration last week and one about our trip to Utah like three weeks ago. Two is better than the twelve I had last week. Which means I have caught up with ten posts! I am going to eventually post them, but they require a lot of time because there is so much to write about and so many pictures to post. So it seems that I always opt to sleep or eat, instead of blog.
We have had a fun week. It was crazy, but it went by quick. On Sunday night, my mom's sister, aunt Erin, came to spend the week with us. I say that loosely, because she really came to see my mom and spent 3/4 of her time at my mom's school with my mom, but we enjoyed the visiting that we were able to squeeze in. :)
Monday, as far as I can remember, was uneventful.
Tuesday, I played mother of four. My sister in law, Leslie, started a new job and had to go to orientation, so I watched their three boys for her. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but I didn't shower or change my clothes, or brush my teeth until after dinner. Which is how my life would be probably, if I had four kids under five and two of them being so close in age as are Zack and Keelia. It was fine and we all survived. We even had fun. :)
Wednesday, I did a lot of laying around. Turns out have four kids, even for only eight hours, really wore me out! :) Wednesday night, we went with my mom to look at some new houses. She is looking for something smaller and close by, but something that she loves. There were a few to look at, so that was a fun adventure. She hasn't found "home" yet, but there are a few out there with potential. Which is hopeful. We will keep looking.
Thursday was pretty much a repeat of Tuesday, except I had less sleep on Wednesday night than I did Monday night, so I was a tiny bit more tired. :) And as it turns out, this pregnancy is making me way more tired than my first one. I NEED, actually NEED, a nap every day. And going so many days without one, just isn't good for anyone that has to be around me. But, we all made it through the day, again. All the kids were napping at once, except Tommy, who doesn't nap, so I did have a nice chunk of time with only one kid. It really wasn't bad and the kids are so good. I sure am a lucky aunt! Then, we had everyone over to dinner. Thursday night is pancake night at our house! My mom has the Gueller kids after school and for dinner, so we usually have some sort of syrupy breakfast food for dinner. And because Matt's family was already there, he joined us, and Jeff, Jen, and Will did too. Plus Grandma Lola has been staying with Meagan for a week or so now, so she was there too. She, in fact, kept me company both Tuesday and Thursday, for parts of the day, while I had the four kids. It was nice to get to visit with her. And everyone else that was there for dinner! :)
Friday, I actually left the house. I went to Target, for a much overdue errand run. Keelia loved actually leaving the house and going somewhere. Clearly, this pregnancy is hard on her, too! Friday turned out to be a long day. After so many days of no nap for me, I desperately needed one. But, OF COURSE, Keelia felt she didn't. So by the time another human joined us, right around 6pm, I had to be in a separate room from my sweet daughter to not cause one of us bodily harm. And then I ran away with my aunt, my mom, and my sister to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. I swore I was never going home, but after being fed, I felt better. By the time I got home, Keelia was almost asleep and I didn't have to do any of my normal nightly routine things with her. It was a nice break. And she and Hunter had fun while I was gone. They had Nana and Papa over to play and eat dinner and just hang out at our house. Which doesn't happen very often. So it was a win/win situation. Then we watched "The Blindside," because my mom had never seen it. Hunter, Erin, and I all had seen it, but were happy to watch it again. It was just as good the second time.
And today was a good day. I got to sleep in! It was a miracle. I never get to sleep in, but Hunter let me this morning. Which was so sweet of him. Because I know he was just as tired as I was. But when I got up, Keelia and I got ready and went to Marshall's soccer game, then Mallory's soccer game, and then Mason's soccer game. On our way home, we picked up her lunch, ate it quickly, and took a nap. It was much needed on both our accounts. Hunter opted not to nap, but to do homework and finishing running my errands for me. What a great guy! After napping, we got ready to go to our ward Friendship Dinner. Meagan and Mark and the kids watched Keelia for us so we, and my mom, could go to this dinner. We went to the same house and it was pretty fun. We got to know some new people in our ward and had some yummy food. A great combination.
And as the night crawls on, I realize more and more how badly sunburned I got today. I sunscreened my face this morning once. Didn't reapply. And didn't think about my neck or the part in my hair. But my face, my neck, and my part are all toasted! The rest of me was covered up because it was so windy and cold. We even had blankets, yet I get sunburned! And Keelia, I sunscreened her twice today and she was mostly covered, but her face is a little burned as well. Oh well. At least I tried. Some days, I don't even do that. Hopefully I will get back into the swing of being on top of the sunscreen, as the days get warmer and we are outside more.
I have ward council in the morning, early, for my calling. Turns out, I am not looking all that forward to it. I know that shocks you all. But that being said, I should quit this rambling and go to bed. Heaven knows 7:30am will come a lot sooner than I want it to.
8 years ago



2 comments:
Being sunburned IS THE WORST!!! I'm glad you got a post in!!
Katie, I can't believe that you are already 13 weeks along, how exciting for you guys. Yes, take advantage of being able to nap if you can because the more kids you have you really NEVER have naps. Post some pics soon okay and PLEASE tell Aunt Kim we're thinking of her and Jake says thanks for the sweet card. We love you guys!
Post a Comment