Keelia inspired this title choice. You will see why at the very end.
Monday morning we woke up to a nice surprise. Hunter was on call. So I had a plan to take advantage of getting to run errands kid free! Well, Keelia and I actually ended up running on errand together with Jen and Will to Costco. But we left the rest of the errands to Hunter who was kid free. :) It worked out nicely and I felt like we got quite a bit done. During Keelia's nap, I made some much needed phone calls to the UNM, U of U, and CU. Turns out that the WUE program at UNM is full for 2010-2011 school year, which makes it the most expensive school for us to attend, tuition wise. And the U of U did away with their WUE program starting Fall of 2010, except for freshman, which Hunter is not. Basically making it so there is no way we can get a tuition break from either out of state school. Which was not the news I wanted to hear. So now we are really hoping he gets into CU, so we can still afford to go to school and not get so much debt. (The WUE program is a program that 12 western states participate in that gives you 150% of the school's in state tuition, instead of paying the out of state tuition. Makes things A LOT cheaper.) But we still have to wait at least another month before we hear anything back. Sometimes I think that I shouldn't get to have all this fun. Maybe it should be spread around to others, too.
Tuesday we went to the zoo with Jen and Will. It was a beautiful day! There were a ton of people at the zoo, which is one part of Summer that I am not looking forward to. And most of the people there were school groups, which is always worse than just people. But we had fun and the kids love the zoo! That night I went to see "The Last Song" with my friend Nicole. Again, she and I were the only ones in the theater when the movie started. Two other small groups came in after the movie started, but we couldn't believe our luck again. About 3/4 of the way into the movie, it started to get sad. And these two girls sitting a few rows behind us started sobbing uncontrollably. It was totally ridiculous. And the mom with them just sat there and did nothing. I would have at least told them to go get a drink or something to calm down. And don't get me wrong, I cried a bit too. I am a pretty emotional person, I am pregnant, and my dad passed away not too long ago. And I wasn't even crying like they were. It was totally disrupting and we were laughing so hard that we missed most of the end of the movie. Hindsight, I wish I would have complained to someone, but didn't. I will say this, I liked this movie/book combo A LOT better than I liked "Dear John." In this one they changed a few details and characters, but mostly left the story alone. It was super good. And you should totally go see it. During the day so that no twelve year old girls will ruin it for you!
Wednesday Hunter basically took the day off. And it was so nice! He did it because we helped my mom with a school field trip. My dad and I used to help her with this one, but I had to find new help since he isn't here anymore. We picked up the Japanese food for her and took it down to Sakura Square. And Keelia loves getting to see my mom any time she can, so she loved the trip too. Plus, she got a TON of attention from those cute eight year old girls. They loved her! It was such a gorgeous day, so it was nice to be outside and to do something different and fun. After her nap, Keelia had another success on the potty. It had been a while, so we were thrilled. The last week or so she just tells us that she is going to go potty in her diaper because she wants to and does it. The logical side of me wants to force her on the toilet, but I don't want to harm the delicate cycle of potty training, so we just try to be patient. However, we did have a break through on what might actually be enough incentive to use the toilet. Tootsie pops! She loves the blue ones and talks about them all the time. So I went and bought some. However, since I bought them, we have only had the one success. Oh well. Keep on keepin' on, right?
Yesterday was quite uneventful. Keelia and I both stayed in our pjs until nap time. I will be honest. I woke up quite crabby yesterday morning and just didn't feel like doing anything at all. During Keelia's nap my crabbiness was increased by having to deal with dumb insurance phone calls. Don't even get me started. Then I decided to shower, which helped with the crabbiness. It was freezing here yesterday, but after our usual Thursday night dinner of breakfast food with the Gueller kids, we went to Marshall's soccer game. It was cold! But it was fun to go and watch him play. And Keelia loved being outside, even if she was freezing!
Today Keelia and I actually ventured outside to run errands. I find the more pregnant I get, the less ambitious I am about leaving the house. And the less and less I want to carry around my 40 pound two year old. She is good about walking for the first part, but then she wants to be carried. I try to tell her I am already carrying one child, but she doesn't care. We both about fell over on the way to the car from the last store, which is when I knew it was time to go home. It has been raining dirt here, as my husband likes to say. So we got the car washed, which probably only insures that it will rain later today or tomorrow. Murphy's Law.
Sorry everyone (mostly just sorry to Amy). I don't have any pictures to share. I never take my camera with me and most of this stuff is not photo worthy. But hopefully soon we will take pictures of something and then I can share more than just my constant babble.
Here is a sweet story I want to remember, so I am writing it down. Since my dad passed away, we tell Keelia that he has gone to live with Jesus and Heavenly Father. That usually suffices her and we move on. Well a few weeks ago we were going to look at houses with my mom and she saw the temple. And she said, "Look! There is Jesus' house. Let's go pick up grandpa from there." It was so sweet and brought tears to my eyes. It makes perfect sense that if my dad lives with Jesus, that we should be able to go to Jesus' house and pick him up. Needless to say, I didn't really know what to tell her, so I just told her I loved her and let it go. She is such an example to me of faith. And I am feel so luck every day to be her mom. And we are all so grateful for this new little miracle growing inside me. We can't wait to meet whoever it is!
8 years ago



1 comments:
I love that sweet story about the temple. Having kids have made me understand so much more of why we are told to be like children. I'll be hoping that Hunter gets into CU...good luck with all of that...keep us updated...
Post a Comment