Saturday, December 6, 2008

Traditions and The Nutcracker

We have a tradition in our family, meaning Hunter and I, that every year we go and buy a new Christmas ornament for our tree from the Christmas store, St. Nick's. I love this tradition. It is always so fun! And believe it or not, this is our third Christmas doing it! So last night we went and had a Friday night FHE and got our ornaments. It was nice to spend time as a family.
The only sad part is that Keelia woke up yesterday morning with a fever and it hasn't gone away since. It hasn't even lowered at all, just stayed the same. I am hoping that tomorrow she will start to feel better. We called her doctor and talked to the on call doctor and she said just to watch her and bring her in if the fever gets to be too high. But I am hoping she just sleeps all night and wakes up tomorrow feeling way better. I hate it when she is sick. As Hunter pointed out tonight, the only good thing about her being sick is that she is so cuddly when she is sick!
Today, I got to escape with my sister, Mallory, and my mom to see The Nutcracker ballet. It was a lot of fun. We met, and then headed to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch, and then headed to the ballet. We were pretty high up in the balcony, but the seats were great, and we could see everything. It was a really pretty ballet. Mallory was so funny...she kept asking Meagan where the Nutcracker prince's pants were! But I will agree, the guy needed more than tights! Here is a funny story...Meagan and I ran to the bathroom before the show started and when we tried to go back to our seats, the doors were closed because the show had started. They almost didn't let us in to sit with my mom and Mallory, but Meagan wouldn't take no for an answer! :) But it was a really fun "girl's" outing, and I hope we get to do them more often!

Here we are. All dressed up and ready to go!

My attempt at trying to document the outing. I only took this one picture during intermission.

This is a view of the stage from where we were.

6 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun tradition, LOVE the pic of all you cute girlies.

Cardon Times said...

Fun times. I love traditions and getting to start new ones with just your family!

Tory said...

Christmas time is the best. I love traditions!

Jennie said...

You guys all look so cute and what a fun girls outting! I saw this in LA on my 12th birthday and I loved it!

Kyla said...

We went to the Nutcracker yesterday too!! It was the evening performance though...It was a good show!

Kariann said...

Oh how I love the Nutcracker! Glad you had a good time! :)