Hunter's Grandma, who we call Gran, has had a rough year or so. She battled cancer and won, through treatments of chemo and other things. She has had pneumonia, and then right before Christmas, she was in the hospital with heart problems. She was able to come home and was starting to feel better. She really needed to have surgery, but her body wasn't strong enough, so they were kinda waiting for her body to regain some strength, so they could do the surgery. We went and saw her on Friday evening and she seemed to be getting better, if even just a little bit.
Well last night at about 1:30am, we got a call from Hunter's mom saying they were at the ER with Gran because she wasn't breathing barely at all. So they asked Hunter to come out to the hospital and assist in giving Gran a blessing. He was gone from about 2:15-6:45am. I guess Gran is breathing on her own, just a little bit, but has a ventilator that is breathing for her. And the amount that she is breathing is not enough to sustain life. And after a CAT scan, they say she is getting pneumonia again. Anyway, there is just a lot happening to her all at once. And I guess, in a manner of speaking, it is only a matter of a short time, if you know what I mean. Which is just so sad. There is nothing really that we can do. I guess I will keep you updated on the situation as it progresses.
9 years ago



6 comments:
Oh Katie, I am so sorry. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for you guys. If you need someone to watch Keelia, call me! If you need a meal, call me! You get the picture!!
Oh. That is sad to hear for you guys. We will be praying for you. if there is anything we can do, please let us know.
We'll keep you all in our prayers. We love you!
I am so so sorry Katie. Please tell Hunter we are thinking of him okay. Let us know how things go and we will keep you in our prayers okay.
So sorry. Please let Hunter and the rest of the Jackson's know we are thinking of them.
So sad to hear that. Love to your family during this difficult time.
Post a Comment