Summer Childhood Memories
The things I remember most about the Summers when I was little are getting together with "the cousins." The Radandt family only lived an hour away from us when we lived in Wisconsin and during the Summers we always did everything together. We celebrated holidays together and got together whenever we could.
Also, I remember our family vacations. One of my favorites was when we went to Gettysburg and toured a whole bunch of Church and historical sites out East. It was a long trip, but it was so fun. The days while we were in the car, my Mom read us "The Work and The Glory" books and we all learned to love those stories.
Also, growing up in Wisconsin, we had a pool in our backyard and I remember swimming all the time. It was so fun!! We also had two hot tubs, so it made for a pretty fun party house and being the youngest of six, even if I didn't have my friends over, there was always someone having friends over, so we had a lot of fun.
Also, sleeping outside on the trampoline. Being able to see the stars pretty much all Summer long. Eating kool-aid out of a ziploc bag with a spoon. Oh, to be a kid again :)
I am sure there are a lot more things about Summer as a kid that I love, but these are all I can remember right now and I want to make sure I get this posted while it is still Tuesday :)
9 years ago



2 comments:
Hey Cousin! I also remember those summers swimming in your pool and jumping on the tramp. But I can't believe that playing glow in the dark sharks is not one of your favorite memories!! Call me and I will tell you about why I am not back to normal!
Kool-aid from a ziploc? I hope it was the kind mixed with sugar. I've never heard of that before.
Post a Comment