Thursday, May 8, 2008

Randomness

So yesterday I was feeding Keelia baby food pears and as I opened them, the smell triggered a memory from the summer before my freshman year of high school...On occasion I would get to go hang out with the "older" kids, because I was the "cute" little sister. Well Jayme Harris and Lindsey Scott (yes, I realize they have new last names...) once, at least I only remember once, took me to Target with them to buy baby food, amongst other things, but that is all I remember. That is what they ate. I am sure it was only a phase, but for some reason, I remember one of them eating pears that day. And I hadn't thought of that in FOREVER, until I fed Keeli pears. HA HA HA :) I hope the two of you don't mind me sharing...
Also, today Keeli choked and stopped breathing. It was so scary. She was eating a french fry, very small bites and just the soft parts, but instead of swallowing after she gummed the piece, she would store it in her cheeks. And I guess if you have cheeks like hers, you can get away with that. But she leaned back in her high chair and I got a peek at the amount of food stored in her cheek, and just then the choking began. I had no idea what to do. I was panicking, but I picked her up and lifted her arms up above her head to try and clear her airways, and just as I was getting ready to put her on my forearm to do the baby Heimlich maneuver, she started to breathe again. But it was probably a good ten seconds or so that she couldn't breathe and I have never been so scared!! But she seems to be okay and doesn't hate me for letting her choke, so I think we are all good.
Another great thing...my sister-in-law Lindsey is getting married on May 30th, and I have just today finished getting my bridesmaid outfit for it. I found some awesome shoes at JCPenney's for only ten bucks!! I mean really, can you beat that price?? And I love them, so I will wear them again after the wedding. Speaking of great deals, I went to The Children's Place outlet tonight and they were having a 50% off already marked down prices sale and I got Keeli jeans for like four bucks!! I wish I could find myself some jeans for that cheap! And they even have the adjustable waist, so she can wear them longer!! I was very proud of my shopping today!!
Anyway, enough babbling...I have laundry calling my name and I think I hear my bed calling in the distance as well! At least I hope :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

How scary about Keeli choking, I know it really can be the scariest thing ever. The best thing you can do is not panic, I know that is easier said than done, but if there is a next time, hopefully not, don't panic and get her breathing!!!!!

Jen said...

I love the random memory post. I have these strange random memories all the time and if no one else enjoys them, at least I do. I can laugh for hours over an old memory, just ask Jeff.

Angie said...

Emer once choked and in my panic I remembered how to do the Baby Hymlic (i totally didn't spell that right) the most terrifying thing in my life..
GOOD job on the shoes.. I need to find myself some good church shoes for cheep!!

Cassie said...

I love childrens place sales!!!! It is always scary when they choke Sam still does it every once in awhile.