Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No More Tests!

So we took Keeli in to her pediatrician on Friday and after talking to her for quite sometime and after making it a matter of prayer, we decided whatever it is that is ailing Keeli, we are just going to let her grow out of it. She is gaining weight like it's no big deal. She weighed in at 16.5 pounds on Friday. Which means Keelia had gained over a pound in about two weeks. She is still on her acid reflux preventative medicine, but we are done with the tests and procedures. If she is not better when she is nine months old, or even a year old, then we will revisit doing the endoscopy and other things. But for now, we are just going to let her be. I just couldn't see putting her through something so big when she is not even six months old yet. Her endoscopy was supposed to be this morning, but I cancelled it. I doubt her GI specialist is going to be thrilled because he was really wanting to do the procedure to give himself "peace of mind." But I care more about my peace of mind than his.
And Keeli seems to be doing better, at least a little, everyday. It is hard for me to tell cause I am with her everyday, but others notice and say she seems a lot better when they go a few days without seeing her, so I'm sure she is getting better.
Thanks to everyone who kept our little girl in their thoughts and prayers. We really appreciate it.

9 comments:

Jayme said...

I am glad she is starting to feel better!! She is so sweet. The challenges are just at the Comcast building on Dry Creek and Colorado. They are SO fun!! Love her Easter dress!!

Traci said...

Cousin I feel very behind onyour blog! First off I love the new template. Very cute. And second your baby is adorable in her Easter dress!! I am glad to hear that she is seeming to get better. And she will continue to. Hang in there! Love ya tons

Yo Momma Lindsey said...

I care more about your peace of mind than his too! I'm glad she's doing better. She sure is cute!

Misty said...

I don't blame you. it was hard with tyler to decide to let them do more and more. In fact, we have another test this coming Monday, but it is not invasive, so it should give us good information without hurting him. But, it's best to trust your instincts!

Ty turns 1 the end of June. Crazy!

Fun to see all your easter pictures and pictures from UT. Glad you guys got to all be together. that must have been awesome!

Jen said...

You tell those doctors whose boss! I thought that Keely was doing much, much better when we saw her in Utah compared to Christmas time. Keep up the good work.

Leslie said...

We could definitly tell a difference with Kiwi when we were in Utah too. We will keep her in our prayers. She looked adorable in her Easter dress.
We've been really busy getting the house ready to sell, that's why I haven't been blogging. But, when I do, it will be an enormous post filled with pictures.

Anonymous said...

Her Easter Dress is SO cute! I'm glad she is doing better. Hang in there!

Cali said...

Man, you are fast! I got the e-mail that you responded to my post on Katelyn's curly hair before I had posted her Easter one. So if you have not looked, you will notice that Katelyn was a bald baby. Her hair grew in curly though. We love it. Anyways, you little one is a doll! I am glad that she is doing better. Katelyn had issues too, but she grew out of them. I think starting rice cerial helped too. She spit up till she was about 8 or nine months though, but it slowed down a ton after 6 months. Trust your instincts though! Good luck. I know how hard it can be!

Jennie said...

Thanks! Your baby is so cute too! I know what you mean about her issues and not wanting to do the tests. Sam had a lot of problems when he was little and he grew out of them. We didn't even give him his acid reflux medicine and his dr. was pretty upset about it, but oh well. I hope it all works out with you guys and that she starts feeling better! Sam is going into surgery because he has an infection in his bottom that has been there for six months. It's an absess sort of thing. I can't wait for it to be better! Thanks for keeping in touch!