Well, Keelia and I are still battling our colds. They haven't really gotten worse or better. I still only cough and she only still has a clear, runny nose. Although tonight I am hearing some coughing coming from her room. But sleep does that to us. :)
I have almost zero recollection of anything that happened on Wednesday. It was hot and I wanted to not be pregnant anymore because of it. Just like any other day. It was the first day of September, which I am still having trouble believing.
Thursday we cleaned and made dinner. We had Tory and Tyler and their family over for dinner. And Hunter helped Corey work on his motorcycle, so Corey joined us for dinner too. About three minutes into dinner (and about fifteen minutes into the Utah game), Tory decided we would leave the kids and men here and go to a movie. So we ate far too quickly and headed to a movie. We saw "The Switch." It was pretty cute. There were some parts I could do without, but I picked up some fantastic one liners that I plan on incorporating into my daily word bank. But it was nice to get away and to hang out with Tory. And we got home and despite the look of our apartment, everyone was alive and happy. :) And the Utes won, so that made people happy too. But I can't bring myself to care about the Utes. What can I say? I am a Cougar.
I have been having trouble getting Keelia out of her pajamas before we go pick up Hunter from school. Partly because I lack the motivation to fight her these days, and partly because I just don't care. Friday was one of those days. I decided to decorate for Fall because I love it. And I had to do some organizing in the storage/utility room because it was like a death trap. So I did those things. The next thing I knew, it was time to get ready to go get Hunter from school. I somehow finally convinced her to get out her jammies. When we picked Hunter up, we enjoyed a late lunch at Wendy's, and then we went to the Gap to shop for Keelia. They were having a great sale and I felt like I was basically stealing stuff from them, but it worked out. When we got home, Corey came over so Hunter could help him tinker on his motorcycle some more. We got Little Caeser's pizza and hung out for a little while. Friday night's sleep was a bad one. Keelia just could not stop waking up crying. I don't know what was going on. But I finally brought her to bed with me, which usually makes things better. But it didn't really. She still cried, I just didn't have to waddle to her room to check on her. :) And yes, I waddle. Not necessarily because I am too pregnant to walk (although, I am too pregnant to walk), but because my hips are causing me the worst pain of my life. I don't know what it is about this pregnancy, but it has been totally, differently uncomfortable. And I am more than ready to be done with it.
Saturday we joined the Sean Young's for swimming at Shelley's aunt's house. It was a super fun time! Keelia loved the pool and LOVED Shelley's aunt. She has a knack for targeting grandmas. I think we all (including Keelia) forget how much she misses her grandma until we get around a grandma and we are all immediately reminded. I forget that it is still an adjustment for her. And she talks about seeing her grandma almost everyday. But that is a whole other post. :) So after the afternoon full of swimming, we headed up to Kaysville to eat dinner and watch the BYU game with the Sean Young's. Keelia loves playing with her triplet cousins. It makes me happy to see her so comfortable at their house. We had a fun time talking and watching the game. We left their house late and usually Keelia falls asleep before we even get to the freeway. (Even though she tries really hard to always stay awake to see the ferris wheel at Lagoon. She loves that thing!) But last night, she stayed awake until we were like seven blocks from home. But she did fall asleep and went to sleep again as soon as we got her inside. Which was nice.
However, this morning, we all slept in because of it. She didn't come into our room until almost 10am this morning. Whoops! :) Church starts at 11am, but I had already decided that she probably shouldn't go to nursery and spread her cold to everyone we don't know. So we skipped the first two hours of church and just went to Sacrament meeting. Our nephews, Ian and Taylor and their grandma, are here visiting this weekend and they came to our ward. It was nice to see them, even if just for a little while, and to visit. Keelia could not quite put them into context, but warmed up to the idea of them being here with her pretty quickly. We wish we could have seen them longer, but hopefully we will get to see them again soon. After church, we came home and did a whole lot of nothing. I actually got to take a nap. It was nice. Since Keelia quit napping when we moved here, I don't get a nap ever. But because I am sick and pregnant, Hunter took pity on me and let me lay down. It took me a while to fall asleep, but once I finally did, it was fantastic. I woke up and made dinner. I almost felt like a person again. :) After we cleaned up dinner, we decided to go to the park and take advantage of the windy, cool weather. Keelia has wanted to fly a kite since we moved here, for some reason. And we bought her a cheap one from Wal-Mart a few weeks ago. We just haven't had the time to fly it. That or it has been TOO hot for me. But tonight was perfect and she loved it. She had so much fun. By the end, she was even flying it by herself. I took a ton of pictures, because she was being so cute, but here are just a few.
After flying her kite, she wanted to swing for a while. But then it started getting cold and dark. So we came home and got ready for bed. Keelia was able to talk to Nana and Papa, which made her night. She has a hard time talking on the phone. We need everyone we know to buy a webcam so she can see them as she talks to them. :) She was exhausted and told me it was time for bed. Got to love that. :)
And now I sit here and blog. It has been an eventful week. I think we are all adjusting okay. It is hard to be away from what feels like home. I think Hunter is having the easiest time with it, but he is also the only one of us actually doing something with his time. :) So far he likes school and it doesn't seem to be too tough. He says his classes are easier than his classes were at ACC, so that is nice. Keelia and I could stand to make some friends close by. We have friends and family here, but none that live super close. And we are missing the closeness of our family back home.
I am getting bigger by the second. I have been really trying to not put on a ton of weight with this pregnancy and I am on the low end of what normal people should gain. Which is good. But I feel like I don't have anymore room to grow. And I have just under six weeks before the doctor will let the baby come out. I have been having contractions more frequently this week. Nothing laborish, just annoying. It was like once or twice a week before, but now it is almost everyday. They don't last long and they don't really hurt, they are just super annoying. They make doing just about anything impossible and with a two almost three year old, doing nothing is impossible. :) But we are getting by.
Keelia's birthday is one month from yesterday. I can't believe it. I don't know how I am going to be the mom of a three year old. It breaks my heart that she is growing up so fast. She has already started to revert back to "baby" just a little, in preparation for Hadlee's arrival, I am sure. She sometimes just squeaks instead of using words and it is super frustrating. But I try really hard to be patient and just remind her she is a big girl and can use words to talk. It is probably just a taste of what is to come. But we will have to see. I hope she just loves Hadlee so much that she just becomes the best helper to me and forgets about reverting backwards. :) One can hope, right?
The weather here has been HOT. TOO hot for anyone pregnant. But tonight it is perfect. Nice and cool outside. I might actually sleep through the night. :) And tomorrow is supposed to be cooler, too. And then it is supposed to be hot again, but hopefully after that, it will continue to just stay cool. I am ready to not be this hot anymore. And we don't have AC in our apartment, so when it gets hot in here, there is nothing we can even do about it. We run all of our fans constantly and look forward to the time that we don't have to do that anymore. Hopefully soon.
Well, I have blabbed and complained probably longer than anyone will read. Plus I am tired. So until my next really big, ridiculously long post...
9 years ago



1 comments:
First of all, who wants to get out of their pajamas, ever? so i give yo mad props for even trying.
I love all photos of Keelia and theses kite ones are no exception.
Have a happy week!
Post a Comment