Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"What Can I Say?"

Yesterday I had my 32 week check up with my doctor. I had to take Keelia with me because when I made the appointment two weeks ago, I failed to factor in Hunter's class schedule and he had a class during my appointment. She was, how to put this nicely, a monster. She cried, screamed, and threw a number of fits. Apparently she feels like I do about doctor's offices. :) But after the gave her some chocolate and some water, she calmed down. Everything seems good with Hadlee. And she is head down! Or she was. But I have high hopes that she will stay that way. My doctor said they can still turn and move, but usually however they are at 34 weeks is how they stay. So just another couple of weeks and hopefully it won't be an issue anymore. Let's just all hope she stays head down. My doctor also talked to me about scheduling a c-section or an induction at my next appointment, so we were sure to have a time slot. Turns out, he is going out of town the weekend I am supposed to be deliver. That was great news. So if everything goes as planned, Hadlee will make her appearance on October 15th, sometime. Which is just over 6 weeks. I am excited to be getting close to the end. I want my body back and I want to meet my new little one. :) I have also been having contractions of sorts. I didn't have Braxton Hicks with Keelia until after 35 weeks. I would not call what I am having now "contractions" per say. They don't hurt. They are just super annoying and an indication to me that I should probably sit down for a while. But the doctor just told me to monitor them as we get closer to the end to make sure they don't get too regular too soon. Oh the joys of birthing children. Anyway...
After our appointment, Keelia and I did some major grocery shopping. She did pretty well, which was nice. Then we came home and started making dinner. We had our friend Corey over for dinner. He lives not too far from here. He lived with my brother when we were all at BYU a few years ago. It was good to catch up with him and it was nice to have some company over. I attempted and succeeded at making my mother-in-law's enchiladas. Maybe I can get a hang of this cooking thing after all. :)
Sunday night I broke down and ordered myself a sewing machine with part of my birthday money. I have wanted one for a long time, but I found a great deal on one and just couldn't tell myself no. Hopefully when it gets here, I will use it. That is always a worry. :) But I am pretty excited about it, so there is hope for me, right?
Last Thursday, I woke up with a cold. I felt pretty miserable, but tried my best to fight it. I wasn't going to let a cold ruin my birthday fun. But the last few nights I have not been sleeping well. Either from being too hot or too cold or too pregnant. :) And yesterday, I woke up feeling really sick. And today is not much better. But on top of that, Keelia had a really hard night last night. And woke up today with a full blown cold. It is awful being sick and pregnant, but it is even worse to have a sick two year old on top of that. But she has been happily taking her medicine and she even napped today. So hopefully we can stop being sick soon.
And because of being sick, today was kind of a do nothing day. I had big plans of getting some more errands run, but Keelia just did not feel like doing anything. And I didn't feel like doing anything, but I know stuff needs to get done. So we sat around most of the day, after dropping Hunter off to school. And we both got naps, which was fantastic. Then when Hunter got home, we went to get dinner and to Sam's Club and Wal-mart. Might have been too much for one evening, but it is so hard to take Keelia anywhere by myself these days, especially when she is not feeling her best, so while I had my husband kidnapped, I decided to take advantage of the help. :) Needless to say, I hope we don't go shopping for food or groceries again, anytime soon.
While I was at my brother's house on Saturday, I picked up my bin of "Fall" decorations. I LOVE Fall. It is my favorite season and it never comes early enough. Although, this week in Utah, we have had some Fall-ish nights. YAY! :) But I pulled out my pumpkin spice candle on Monday and burned it. Is it too early? I have not put up any decorations yet, but the last Fall that we had our own place, I decorated September 1st for Fall. I find that if you wait until Fall actually comes later in September, it gets too pushed together with Halloween. I like a whole month of Fall before I start into my whole month of Halloween. Followed by another few weeks of Fall mixed with Thanksgiving. And then Christmas descends. But let's not get too far ahead. Anyway, I am debating about decorating for Fall tomorrow. When it is 80 degrees during the day, it is hard to feel very Fall-ish. We will see how things go, I guess.
Well, that probably gave you a little insight about just how crazy I am. And rather than tell you anymore crazy things I do, I think I will just go to bed. :)

3 comments:

Cardon Times said...

Being sick is the worst. I had a cold just before I had Blythe. MISERABLE is all I can say. I hope you get to feeling better soon and Keelia too! Happy Fall too! I love fall...just not all the cold that comes after it.

Misty said...

Happy late birthday. I hope everything goes well with the induction!

Erica and Dan Kiefer said...

I'm glad i'll get to see you before the baby comes and it gets a little hectic. but i'lll come visit you afterwards, as well. can't wait to meet your kids! Yipee for head-down! i am hopeful she'll stay that way, too. Once they figure it out, it seems natural to stay that way, i think.
Hey, you'll have to tell me more about your brother later. I thiknk I forgot you had a brother that passed away. That made me happy that The Test was a powerful song for you guys, too. We'll talk more!