Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Time Bomb"

So as far as an induction time, I never heard from the nurse. I finally called her yesterday morning to see what the deal was. She said I am #1 on their elective induction list and they will call me the night before, so the 13th, to tell me when to come to the hospital. But she figured it would be sometime around 7am. And then she started to talk to me about the not being able to eat how many hours before and I stopped listening, because I hate not being able to eat. Hopefully when it gets closer, I will actually listen to the instructions. :)
Today I am 36 weeks pregnant. I can't believe I made it this far. Just kidding. But the next three weeks are going to drag, I am sure. This morning as I realized that in three weeks, Hadlee will be here, I got kind of sad. Don't get me wrong, I am done being pregnant, I can't wait to meet our sweet little girl, and a whole lot of other things, BUT I realized it will never just be me and Keelia home again, while Hunter is at school. Well, I mean, we have the next three weeks, but after that, there will be three of us. My alone time is short with my first, sweet daughter. And even though I am excited for the next phase, it kind breaks my heart a little bit. Needless to say, we snuggled on the couch this morning after I had this realization. Which is not an uncommon occurrence, but one I won't take lightly anymore. On occasion, I call Keelia "baby." She quickly reminds me that she is not a baby, but that she is about to be a big sister, therefore I cannot call her baby. I have tried to explain to her that she will always be my first baby. She looks at me as though I started speaking in another language, usually. But it is just a gentle reminder that none of us know what to expect or how drastically our lives are going to change when Hadlee arrives. Oh the joys of change.
We really haven't done much over the last few days. On Tuesday we met Tory and her kids for lunch at McDonald's play place. Keelia loved that. The McDonald's by us has a play place, but it is not that much fun. The tunnels don't lead anywhere and she is done in about five minutes. But it was a nice break for the both of us, from our everyday schedule of doing nothing.
Today Keelia and I ventured to the library. We had to go to the big downtown library because our little branch did not carry the books she wanted. We had to pay to park. Needless to say, we will be hitting our little branch, despite the book selection, more often than not. The trip was fine and quite uneventful. Keelia loved being at the library again. She was really sad when we got there and "everyone wasn't there." She was hoping, I guess, that her cousins would be there like the Summer library trips. Ya know, sometimes I think she has a handle on the fact that we live here and most of her cousins live in Denver still. Other times, like this, I remember she is only two and how can she possibly understand that, really?
Another instance today that reminded me she doesn't quite get it, happened when we were at the store buying candy for her birthday party favors. She wanted candy corn because her "friends" like it. Well, when I got to the bottom of who her "friends" were, it was Mallory and Marshall. Even though we have talked about the fact that they won't be at her birthday this year, she still thought somehow they would be. Then it lead to questions about grandma and everyone else not being there. It was a tough five minutes, to see her face go from pure birthday excitement to pure sadness. Hopefully when it finally gets here, she will be too caught up in birthday fun to realize our family in Colorado isn't with us.
I am to the point in my pregnancy where about 90% of the time, I want to be chewing ice. I can't help it. I love it. I chew ice even when I am not pregnant, but it is definitely worse when I am. And this pregnancy it has been worse than the last. I get drink cups at food places just to fill them with ice. It is really not normal.
Also, I have reached the point where JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING gives me indigestion. This is such a stinky phase. It stayed away a lot longer than it did last time. Last pregnancy after about 30 weeks, everything gave me indigestion. I am now 36 weeks and it has just started to be EVERYTHING in the last day. So I am really considering myself lucky. This is where Tums become my best friend. But at least it is only three more weeks.
My contractions have really settled down. Which is okay with me. I really want to still be pregnant when my mom gets here. Well, I don't REALLY still want to be pregnant tomorrow, but you know what I mean. I still have them occasionally, but I am getting pretty good at controlling them and knowing when they are coming on and taking that chance to rest.
And I am going to complain about one last thing. :) Well, for tonight. We have stopped getting mail. We had a mix up at the post office trying to get Hunter's mail forwarded from his parent's house and we got all their mail for weeks on end. We got that fixed, but somehow, we are not getting ANY mail here now. And so far, Hunter's parents aren't getting our mail either. So I ask, where is our mail going? It is a mystery. And one more reason that I am not in love with Salt Lake City as a living destination.
And on that note, it is beyond my time for sleep.

1 comments:

Beth said...

I can't believe you only have 3 weeks left!! Crazy! Enjoy your time with just Keelia. It is precious but it will also be so sweet to see her as a big sister! I hope you get you mail situation fixed up soon!! I would be so annoyed!!