Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Say Goodbye"

I felt it only appropriate to say good-bye to September. We had good times and bad times, but mostly, I am just anxious for October to arrive so that I can have my baby and have my body back. So bring on October, please!! Only two more weeks and Hadlee will be here. Come on, October!! :)
On Tuesday I had some contractions that made me cry. I have somewhere between five and fifteen a day. They are usually just annoying, very rarely painful. At least that is what I told my doctor on Monday. I beg to differ, now. I am not having too many more than that a day, but they come close together and they hurt. And then they disappear. But I have never had more than four an hour, so I have never had to go to hospital to be checked. I am having an inner battle between wanting her to come today so I don't have to be pregnant tomorrow and REALLY wanting my mom to be here and things to go as planned. But that is nothing new. I have been having that battle for weeks now. Tuesday night Keelia slept all through the night. We woke up feeling like different people on Wednesday. It was fantastic. Now if only I could talk my body into falling asleep sometime before 1am, I would be in heaven.
Yesterday we made sugar cookies. Keelia has been wanting to decorate cookies for a while, so we finally did it. We bought the stuff a while ago, but I have just been too tired. But being fully rested yesterday, we made the cookies. Thanks to Corey and Hunter, all but two are gone. And it is just a matter of time for those last two. Corey came over to eat cookies and do a load of laundry. We really love getting to see him so often.
And last night, or should I say this morning, Keelia woke up calling me at about 3:45am. I went in and immediately knew she had pooped. I didn't know until I investigated more, what I was up against. It required six loads of laundry today, a new mattress protector, and me scrubbing the bath tub at 4:30am this morning. Not to mention being awake until almost 6:30am trying to get her to fall back asleep. Today, I am not functioning at "well rested" like I was yesterday. You see, Keelia has been basically refusing to go to the bathroom. She has been holding it for longer than is healthy. So I let her drink too much juice yesterday, thinking she wouldn't be able to hold it if she really had to use the bathroom. Well, right before bed, she went. And I was thrilled. I felt like something I tried actually worked. Boy, was I mad at myself when the rest of it came out of her in the middle of the night. Needless to say, we didn't have any juice today and only one glass of milk. I just want to make sure she is okay before she starts drinking anything but water, really. And wouldn't you know it, today, she refused to go to the bathroom. So we will see what tonight brings and what tomorrow brings. I just don't get why she won't go poop in the potty?!
Also, we had a pretty traumatic event today. We have a white cupboard thing in our bathroom/laundry room that serves as our linen closet. And lucky for us, it only has towels and sheets in it. It came from my parent's house and used to be anchored to the wall there. We didn't think we would need to anchor it here, so we didn't. Well today, Keelia followed Hunter into the bathroom, stopped at the fake linen closet, opened both doors, and proceeded to pull on them. It only took about three seconds and the entire thing fell on top of her, crushing her on the tile floor. I have never moved so fast in all my life, or in all of my life being this pregnant. I was more than happy to hear her cry and then all of a sudden she stopped crying. That is when I panicked. Turns out, she was just having trouble breathing, which she does when she is crying super hard, but it took her a while to start making audible cries again. She is mostly okay. She got smashed up pretty good, but she could move all her limbs and didn't really have pain anywhere else. She is pretty scraped up. But why wouldn't she be?! I scheduled her three year pictures for next week, so why wouldn't she look like an abused child for them?! I wanted to take a picture of her face, but she would only let me on my phone, so I could send it to her grandma. And I knew she was really hurting because she actually iced her head for like thirty minutes after it happened and she NEVER lets us do that for her. Hopefully she is okay and has nothing but scrapes to show from this incident. And we added to our list at Target that we needed to find an anchor for this cupboard thing. We couldn't find one, so Hunter made one. But hopefully it won't be falling over on anyone again. Here is the one picture I got. The picture does not do her scrapes justice, but you will have to take what you can get.


We are finishing up last minute birthday things for Keelia. Turns out, the closer I get to D-day, the more lazy I get. I just don't want to do anything because it is a lot of effort and it is TOO hot. But doing a little each day helps. I am trying to gear up to make her cake. Making things from scratch is not my forte and I am alone this year. But hopefully it will turn out. We are having a pink, princess cake. But even if it is ugly, she will love it and it will taste good, right? :)
We are finally getting our mail again. The only downside is that we are still getting lots of my in-laws mail too. I just don't understand how such a big city can screw something so simple up SO badly?! But rather than risk trying to get it forwarded again, we are just going to keep sending them envelopes of mail until it stops coming to our address. Assuming that one day it will stop.
The weather man says that starting Monday, it is supposed to cool down, like 15-20 degrees. So help me (and him) if he is lying. I think that I deserve at least that. One cool week or so of my pregnancy. I might actually put on pants. I can't wait! :)
Well, I am hoping that if I go lay down, I will fall asleep before 1am. I am super tired from being up for hours last night, so I am hoping that helps me sleep.

1 comments:

Jen said...

hahahaha. it makes me laugh when you say you don't wear pants. even though i know you aren't going naked, it still sounds funny.

sorry about the rough day, i hope it goes much better today.