This last week was tough for me. I have been really homesick. I am sure that is not a surprise. I love home. I am just one of those people who always like to be at home. And getting more and more pregnant by the minute, entertaining my almost three year old, is becoming more and more challenging. I sure missed having the help of family this last week. There were several times I could have just used a break, to get things done or just relax. But somehow, we made it through. :)
Friday morning my aunt called me and said she was in Salt Lake watching some of her grandkids that live up here. She invited Keelia and I over to play. Aunt Erin is my mom's only sister and the closest thing to my mom there is, without actually being my mom. So it was very good for Keelia and I both. We both enjoyed spending time there and the break from our daily routine of sitting around, doing nothing.
And on Friday night, Hunter and Keelia treated me to something fun., just for me. Well, it was free, but it was a treat for me. A band that I love called 'The Format' broke up almost three years ago. The lead singer joined another band and that band is called 'fun.'. And they just happened to be playing at one of the U's homecoming festivities. And when I first heard they were coming, I wanted to go really bad. But with no babysitter for Keelia, my desire to go dwindled. But it being an all ages show, we figured why not?! So yes. We took Keelia up to campus to sit through a concert. It was outside and, surprisingly enough, she was not the only child there and for sure not the youngest. We went just to hear fun.. There were three bands playing. Fun. played in the middle. We planned it perfectly. We didn't hear any of the first band and left as the last one was setting up. And I got to enjoy one solid hour of pure heaven. They even played one of The Format's songs. It was fantastic. I really have a great husband and a wonderful little girl. Neither of them especially wanted to be there, but they did it for me. Don't get me wrong, Keelia loves to shake it to "All The Pretty Girls," but the loud factor outweighed the fun factor for her at the actual event. And I really appreciate them doing that for me. It was just what I needed. And despite the noise, I think we all had a good time.
Saturday we managed to sleep in until almost 10am. I think the allergy medicine is really starting to help us all. Which is nice. We are all starting to sleep again. And that is just what we need before we start living with a newborn again, soon. Then we did a lot of nothing and headed to Sean and Shelley's to get some things out of their basement, where we are storing our stuff. We ended up staying and hanging out until bedtime. It was nice to be around family. I feel bad that we always drop in on them, but hopefully they don't mind too much. We had pizza and watched football and entertained the kids. It was a nice little Saturday.
This morning, we slept until almost 10am again. It made getting to our 11am church a little challenging. But we made it, just a little late. Keelia asked me to stay in her nursery with her this week. She hasn't been there in three weeks, so I think she was a little nervous. Hopefully next week she will be okay by herself again. And let me tell you what. By the end of the third hour, I am ready to go home. Sitting is about the least comfortable position there is for me right now. Standing is even better than sitting these days. It is true what they say about each pregnancy being different. Because this was not the case with Keelia. I am ready to be done being pregnant. Just over three weeks and it will be over. :)
Hunter was able to get into the physics class that he needed at school so that hopefully in the Spring, he can apply for the architecture program for the Fall. He added three weeks late, which made it a challenge, but he seems to be staying afloat. Not to mention the class is REALLY early, so that has been an adjustment for everyone. But we are getting used to it. I am just glad he was able to get the class so that he can apply this year instead of waiting a whole year longer to apply. Gives me hope of someday actually being done with school. :)
That about sums up our week. Not much new to report. Time is flying by. Days seem to be long, but I can't believe it is already the middle of September. Crazy, crazy.
I have been working on my second blog book. Just at night, while Hunter is studying, so it is a work in progress. But I am hoping to get it done before the baby comes. And then maybe when I am adjusted to having two kids, it will be time to work on this year's blog book. I want to try and stay on top of them and not be so far behind like I was with the first one. But who knows?! :)
Well, I should probably go make something for dinner, since it is that time of night.
9 years ago



2 comments:
i don't get around to concerts very often but i love them. sounds like the perfect outing for you, and so cute that your fam came with you and supported you.
I'm sorry about the home-sickness. Transitioning to a new place that you're supposed to "make" feel like home is a hard thing. I'm so excited for your 3 weeks to pass by though! hopefully it feels quick.
Did Jill tell you her news?? i'm sure she did. crazy awesome, huh!
Take care, Katie!
You lucky duck!!!! I can only wish that I could have been your date for that evening of FUN. Ha.
I am always happy and lot a bit jealous when I hear that my family gets to play with you.
I love you to the MOON!
Post a Comment