The answer to the question is no. And you are not going to "see" me tonight either. Pregnant pictures are a no go for me. But I figured it was time to post, even without pictures.
We have arrived in Utah. We are almost settled in. We have unpacked the last box and have a load of stuff to take to store at my brother's house. I am just one of those people who can't rest, really, until everything is put away. Granted, we don't have a place for everything, but either things are behind closed doors or they are put away. It is starting to feel like home, here, slowly but surely. Keelia is doing okay with the move. She mostly has a hard time when she gets tired, especially around bedtime. I am hoping the adjustment period is not too long, but no one can be sure. And probably just as she is getting adjusted here, the baby will come and things will be all screwed up again. :) Keelia is such a sweet girl and has really been so good during this whole move. I wish, most of the time, that I was more patient with her and I find myself asking for forgiveness from her a lot. Turns out I am having a hard time adjusting, too. It is hard to leave "home" and start a new life. I especially miss my mom. It is bittersweet for us to be here, getting settled. I miss talking to her all the time and being surrounded by family. But like I said, I hope the adjustment process isn't too lengthy.
We have been to Wal-Mart twice trying to get the necessities for living. Turns out neither time really involved getting food. We got the basics, but figured we could go back again and get food. Well, the weekend passed and we still only have the "basics." Needless to say, bright and early Monday morning, we will be making trip three. Such is life when you are moving into a new place, I guess.
We are so grateful for all the help we had packing our truck in Littleton and all the help we had unloading our truck here in Salt Lake. We could not have survived the move like we did without all the help. I wish there was a way to repay all of you that helped us.
And beside our furniture being thoroughly distressed, we only had one casualty. Hunter's X-box was stolen sometime once we arrived here and started unpacking. Neither of us are thrilled about the loss, but Hunter is definitely ticked. We were hopeful that it would just turn up, but it has been a few days and we have been through everything. So I think we have kind of given up. But stranger things have happened.
Tonight we got to spend time with two of my friends from my college days and their families. Dee Dee snapped a picture which I will post when I can get it from her. She and her family live in Rexburg and Tory and her family live just south of here, so hopefully we will get to see them quite often. But it was fun to get our families together and just hang out. The kids were running around wild, but I loved it!
Well, we have church tomorrow, which is going to be an adjustment, so I should probably rest up. Let me rephrase. We have church every Sunday. But tomorrow it is new and unless Grandma shows up to teach nursery here tomorrow, it is going to be an adjustment that is going to take patience and plenty of sleep, on my part. Hopefully I will get back into the swing of blogging now that we are getting more settled.
9 years ago



2 comments:
Glad you guys are almost settled, as far as unpacking goes. I hope that church went well. Sorry about the XBox, I'm still hoping it will show up somehow.
I'm not a huge fan of belly pics either but I'm forced to post!! Hope you get settled in soon. I hate moving!
Post a Comment