This post is going to be super long. There are probably very few who will finish it and that is fine. It is for me, not really you. :)
We have survived almost two whole weeks in Utah. Crazy to think about. Not that I thought we wouldn't survive, it is just nice to take note of such accomplishments. :)
So here is a rundown of our lives since I last posted.
Last Sunday we did not make it to church. There was some confusion about where we went to church because there are so many church buildings within blocks of us. And the address listed online for our ward was not a real address. So we opted to not go and just enjoy time together.
Monday we ran errands. So many errands. Trying to set up a home after living in someone else's for 18 months takes a lot of time and organization. I forgot that fact since the last time we did it. But after this move, I don't think I will forget again. Monday night we went to Costco with Tory and Tyler and their kids. I embarrassed everyone by digging through piles of sleepers they had, which is why we went. Our apartment rarely rises above 66 degrees at night and Keelia is freezing to death. So I have already started putting her to bed in those fuzzy, Carter's sleepers. There are worse things, that is for sure! After Costco, we hung out and ate. But that shouldn't surprise anyone.
Tuesday we went and saw "Despicable Me" in the theater with Keelia. She has been dying to do some fun things since we got here and we were all in need of a little break. It was such a cute movie and Keelia did very well during it. Tuesday after the movie, I had a ton of appointments and errands to get done. I hope someday to stop saying, "I have to go run errands." But that day is not in the near future.
Wednesday we took Keelia to a splash park/water fountain at the outdoor mall here. We had gone there a few times before (to the mall) and she begged to go in the water and I wouldn't let her because we were in a hurry. So I promised I would take her back and so we did. She LOVED it. She had so much fun. The only thing that could have made it better would have been her cousins to play with. She is definitely missing her "friends." Here are some pictures of her in the water.
Wednesday night we drove down to Cabela's. Hunter wanted to look at guns and I was dying to get some things done in a place that actually has stores close by. Keelia wanted to go with her daddy, so I dropped them off and headed to get things done. I got SO MUCH DONE! I was so grateful Keelia did so well with Hunter there and that he was so willing to take her. It made my life so much easier. And it made my to do list way shorter!!
Thursday morning I had another appointment. And we had to buy Keelia a floaty to go swimming, because I put all of her floaties in storage at my brother's house. But we finally made it to swim with Tory and Tyler and their kids. We had a lot of fun. I never actually got in the water. I think there should be a law against having to a) get in a swim suit when you are 30 weeks or more pregnant, and 2) if you do have to get in a swim suit, you shouldn't have to get wet. So I just didn't. I don't love to be wet anyways, so it worked out okay. Hunter got in the water with Keelia and I watched and chatted from the shade. I had intentions of taking pictures, but at this point, we thought our camera was stolen. We couldn't find it anywhere. I will tell you. I was about ready to pack up and head home to Colorado. Most days I feel that way, but I was seriously close. (Luckily, we found our camera.) Thursday night was our first dinner/real meal cooked at home. It was nice. And Keelia and Hunter made brownies for dessert. Here are some pictures of them baking up a storm!!
Friday we RAN SOME MORE ERRANDS in the morning. After lunch, we headed up to watch the triplets so Shelley could go to the doctor. Keelia has so much fun with them, it really is a good deal for us! We stayed for dinner and hung out. We are so glad to have family close by and to be able to go there a lot! It really is making this transition easier, especially on me and Keelia. She loves getting to know her triplet cousins and it makes me less home sick. Everyone wins. :)
Saturday we did a whole lot of nothing. It was nice. However, our washing machine has been leaking on and off since we got here and Saturday morning our landlord came to check it out. Well, he deemed it broken, he and Hunter carried it out of here, and there was promise of a new one by the afternoon. Awesome! Then I got ambitious and attempted a trip to the fabric store with Keelia. It was a lot and I probably won't do it again, ever. But we got what we needed and made it home. Later we headed to Orem for a wedding reception, but tried to stop at IKEA on our way down. It was a disaster. To save myself from any more embarrassment, let's just say, we left a cart of stuff in the isle and walked out. Keelia was EXHAUSTED and acted like it the whole time. Plus, IKEA makes me claustrophobic and extremely flustered. I will probably go back in my life time, but not soon. But we made it to the wedding reception which was fun. It was for a college roommate of mine who I haven't seen since we lived together, over four years ago. And I got to see another college roommate of mine who I haven't seen in almost three years. So it was super fun for me. This is the only picture Hunter got of the evening. It is Keelia holding baby Charlie and my big head in the way. But despite there being no pictures, it was super fun to catch up with these girls and I could not be happier for Emily and her new hubby! :)
After the wedding reception, we headed home. I got a call saying a washing machine wouldn't be in our apartment until Thursday sometime, but until then, we were welcome to use our landlord's washer. I was bummed, but thought, okay. So when we got home, I decided to do two loads of laundry. The first one went fine. The second one went fine, I thought. Then all of a sudden, Hunter gets up to get a snack and notices water rushing in our apartment under the fridge. And I was sitting in a puddle of water at the kitchen table. I was crafting, you see, to keep myself awake until the laundry was done so I could switch it over. Well, we discovered the washer never stopped filling and our landlord's laundry room was covered in about an inch of water. We immediately tried to get in touch with them, even though it was after midnight. No luck, so we tried to clean up the mess. Minutes and every towel we own later, we were still unsure what to do and finally we heard someone upstairs. Long story cut somewhat short, our landlord came down and pulled up the carpet and pad so they could dry. The wood floor is warped and nothing can be done about it. But our entry way/hallway carpet was pulled up and soaked! So our apartment was a mess. (It stayed that way for over two days. That alone about sent me packing back to Colorado. Like I said, it doesn't take much these days.)
So after getting to bed after 2am and getting up with Keelia, church on Sunday was long. We have the backwards schedule, which is different, but it wasn't too bad. I stayed with Keelia in nursery only about ten minutes and then she was good with me leaving. She did well and went potty with one of the teachers. Which I am not too sure about, but I guess that is how they do it here. Our ward is smallish, but people were nice and hopefully we will get adjusted quickly. By the third hour, Keelia was tired and hungry, but we somehow made it through. :) After church, we headed up to Sean and Shelley's for dinner. We just hung out until bedtime. We are so grateful to have family here and close by!!
Yesterday, being Monday, I went to the OB. I was nervous to go, but it turned out to be okay. I like my new doctor, but he is young. Which made me nervous at first, but he was nice and seemed to know what he was doing. Bad news: turns out I failed my glucose test back in Colorado by just a few points. So I have to go in for the three hour glucose test tomorrow morning. (Wednesday. So I am already fasting and let me tell you, I am hungry.) I really hope it comes back normal. But there is not a lot I can do about it either way. So I guess we will see. The doctor could not find Hadlee's head, so he did a quick ultrasound to see if she was breech or not. She is perpendicular. So she is being stubborn. But hopefully she will move head down before it is too late. He said the earliest they would make her come, would be 39 weeks, either for a c-section or an induction. So unless she comes on her own, crazy early, it looks like her birthday will be on or later than October 14th. Crazy how close that is!! But knowing my luck, it won't be that easy. :) After my appointment, Hunter went to campus to get some things sorted out. He was nervous to head up there for the first time, but it went well. He has to go again sometime this week to get some more stuff done before classes start Monday. I know he is nervous, but I also know he will do great. After that, we headed to Sean and Shelley's. Our carpet was still pulled up which made life hard. Plus, Hunter is painting some rooms for Sean and Shelley in their house. So he worked the rest of the day, and Keelia and I just hung out with the kids and Shelley, and played. After they got their kids down for bed, we got Dairy Queen. Which is like a tradition!!
And today, we headed to Sean and Shelley's to finish up painting the first room and hang out. Hunter finished painting the one room and prepped the second room for painting tomorrow. The room turned out awesome!! And when we got home tonight, our carpet was put back together. Granted there are still some obstacles in my way of cleaning and vacuuming, but we are one step closer to getting our life and house back to "normal."
I am still waiting for my chance to go to Wal-Mart and get the bins and stuff I need. Maybe on my way home from my test tomorrow I can stop and pick up some of the stuff we need. It has been nice to have somewhere to go because our house has been messed up because of the water, but when you aren't home, things don't get done. :)
Here are some tidbits about our life here, that don't necessarily fall on any given day's activities.
Keelia has only wanted to wear dresses since we moved here. EVERY day. It gets old, but it is okay. The last few days, as we have been playing with the triplets outside more, we have been able to talk her into shorts. But it takes A LOT of talking.
Keelia has quit napping. She has napped twice since we have been here and both nights, she was up until well after 11pm because she could not fall asleep. Needless to say, I am hating the transition, but hate having my two year old up that late more. So we are slowly adjusting to the no nap, less sleep, crankiness that accompanies no naps. Once Hunter starts school and things get more "normal," we will start trying "quiet time" so we both can make it through the day. :)
We have gone to DI more times than is healthy since we got here. We have had a ton of stuff that we don't need, don't want, or can't keep. So out it goes. It is kind of liberating, but at the same time, it is a pain.
We have most everything sorted and organized. I am waiting for one last (HA HA HA HA) trip to Wal-Mart for some clear plastic shelf things to organize the toys and then hopefully I can just go back to the day to day cleaning and things. Which by the way, hasn't been done at all.
We have been staying up pretty late around here. Wherever we are coming home from, Keelia usually falls asleep in the car. And it is rarely early. It is fine, because her sleeping is so screwed up right now, but it will be nice to get things back on track once our life calms down next week.
I got pretty ambitious last week and decided to go through all our baby things. Turns out, storing it takes up a lot of room. But that led to piles all over the place and when you have limited space, that just doesn't work. So I have washed almost all of Hadlee's clothes and put them away. I know, it is not right. But, it is what it is. We will call it nesting and leave it at that.
I think I covered it all. Well, I am sure I left out some, but that is what happens when you wait this long to blog. Hopefully I will get back into the swing of things and blog more often. But maybe not. If you made it this far, congrats. If not, no worries. I can barely stand to read it myself. :)
8 years ago



3 comments:
Whoa, that was a whopper! but i'm awake early this morning for some reason so i read it all. what a crazy, busy, but thanksfully-still-fun-at-times MESS! good luck with everything...
i am sorry to hear that things are so crazy. hopefully they will calm down soon and you will start to enjoy it more. i would love to talk to you whenever you want!
801-822-0832.
i love you oh so much cousin, hang in there.
How can you remember all of that stuff?? You have done so much since being here! I am hoping things go well with your test today. I know it isn't any fun!
Love ya!
Post a Comment