Friday, July 30, 2010

"Things That Matter"

Wednesday Keelia and I went swimming with Jen and Will at their apartment pool. Keelia LOVES the water! It is so fun. She was jumping off the edge to me and even went under a couple of times, but she loved it! And I did some headstands under water to try and get Hadlee to turn head down. It was my one and only attempt thus far. But stranger things have happened, right? :)
Thursday we got kind of a late start, but we headed to the zoo. It was SO hot! I was dying. But Keelia and I really wanted to go to the zoo with Hunter once before we moved. Talk about waiting until the last minute, right? But we had fun. And it was fun to watch Keelia tell her daddy all about all the animals we saw, like she was a zoo expert. Here we are riding the carousel.




Thursday night we had a girl's dinner. My mom, Meagan, Leslie (and Ben), Jen, and I ate at the Cheesecake Factory. It was delicious and a fun outing. I will miss being so close to so much of our family.
Today I had my 28 week check up at the baby doctor. Which means I had my glucose test where I had to drink that sugary stuff. This time was not as bad as when I had to drink it with Keelia, but after about the first half, I was choking it down. I don't get my results until next week sometime, but I have no reason to believe they will come back abnormal. But we shall see. The doctor said everything looks great. He also told me (after squishing my belly A LOT) that at that moment, Hadlee was head down. That doesn't mean she won't turn again, but that he hoped she was getting the right idea. So that was encouraging. He also told me not to worry about it until she gets a little bigger. It is my last visit with my doctor here and I am super sad to be leaving him. I really like him and was looking forward to having him deliver this baby. I am still on the search for a doctor in Utah. So if anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it!
Hunter was feeling under the weather again today. So Keelia and I ran errands and had lunch with one of my best friends, Kyla and her little family. It was kind of a goodbye lunch, since we are leaving next week. But it was good to see them and catch up.
It is crazy to think that at this time next week, I will be living in Utah. It doesn't seem real. And it doesn't matter how many times I say it, it doesn't make it any more real. It is too crazy to think about.
But it has given me a lot of time to reflect on the things that really matter in life and the things that don't. I spend a lot of time worrying about things that don't matter, things I can't change. Like other people. I can't change other people, no matter how hard I try. But there are times that I wish I could. And there are so many things that go on around me that I can't control and I can't change. All I can do is control how I react and how I let things influence me. Needless to say, I am learning a lot about control and how I wish I had more than I do. I used to (or at least it felt like it) have a lot of control over my life. But as my life has become family and my child (soon to be children), I don't have as much. But control is not what is important. And these lessons I am learning almost daily, are face punching reminders of that very fact.
But it is getting late and we have a busy couple of days ahead of us, so I better get some rest while I can.

3 comments:

Jen said...

The carousel pictures are cute! I'm glad you guys got a chance to go together before you leave.

Erica and Dan Kiefer said...

hey katie! I hope the move goes well... and i hope your baby cooperates in time! i love that you were doing a headstand. awesome! As far as doctors, if you'll be in the provo area (which i dont think you will be..) Dr. Judd is amazing. He's pretty much delivered all of Provo! its a joke but there's truth to it. and he's reallly good at preventing C-sections cuz he's known for being the king of forceps.
I hope you find a good doctor!

Kyle and Serene Hardy said...

I haven't left a comment on your blog for a long time, but have to say that I am excited to hear that hou are moving to SLC. My old doctor that was in American Fork actually just moved up to SLC. Her name is Dr. Andrea Smith and she was awesome. I had a really high fever one night and had to stay in labor and delivery and she drove all the way from SLC and stayed til like 1 in the morning just to make sure we were okay!

Also, when I was delivering Brigham, she was like to most excited one in the room...seriously!! I would highly recommed her and am so sad she moved practices:(

Anyways, you should let me know when you get out here and we can hang out!! Safe Travels!